We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows of any reputable companies to purchase flights to Goa for the 21st December 2013, and leaving on the 5th of January 2014. We are not flexible regarding these dates as flying out for a wedding, and have to go during the holiday time due to work commitments.

So far, the cheapest flight with a trusted airline of mine is I've Monarch for £1050 each. Has anyone every booked with Southall travel, netflights ... or even travelled with jet airways, air india or Lufthansa airways? Good/Bad??

Thanks in advance :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

I am travelling Lufthansa on your outbound date as it was the cheapest of the 'reliable' airlines..Booked return to Bombay and will book internsl flights separately. Monarch price seems okay for those dates - friends travelled on the equivalent dates this year and paid £1400 each flight only, booking in August. It is peak season then.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Hi,

Lufthansa look the cheapest, the dates you want to travel are coming out at £679 each, but via Frankfurt and Mumbai, it's a long 25 hour trip out. Air India are around £725 each via Mumbai. BA, Jet and Virgin cheaper than Monarch but not direct.

I use Travel Up website and then book with Dial a Flight who will price match.

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Think I will definitely look to book sooner than later ... £1400 pp would be way out of budget then!

Have you travelled with Lufthansa before, and if so, what are they like? ie reliable when sticking to schedule, airline cleanliness ect.

Would prefer a direct flight, but with the savings, would definitely consider stopping ... probably take the flight to Mumbai and then organise direct flights to Goa. Are Jet airways the normal operators to fly with from Mumbai?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Keep looking on Skyscanner.net and Kayak.co.uk for your dates. Prices change all the time. You can set up a weekly alert with Kayak and they email every week with the best prices for your date. Your dates are at peak season for Goa but if you fly via Mumbai/ Delhi/ Bangalor/etc and book your own Indian internal flight you have a better chance of a bargain. Doing this though adds to the traveling time. Charters or Qatar have the shortest traveling times.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

You can book Indian internal flights on cleartrip.com amd makemytrip.com.

Like skyscanner , etc .they give you a choice of airlines for you dates and the prices. Or you can book direct with the airline such as Spicejet. If you do book direct remember to take the credit card you use with you to the airport as you have to show it at check in. Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Have had a good look around and prices are much within my range now, thank you everyone for the information :) Just waiting for the Fiance's boss to approve leave, then can book :)

Stafford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Best Flights you can use would be Qatar they are marvellous. I have used Southall Travel in the past they are ok. Monarch are cattle Wagons avoid at all costs if you can. Second choice would be British Airways and connecting with Jet airways to Goa. Good luck the flights are there depending on your Budget.

8. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, June 24, 2013
9. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, June 26, 2013
Leeds
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap flights to Goa December 2013

Hi

Have you checked Thomas Cook airlines?

London Gatwick to Goa direct for 20 December to 4 January is £940 per person.

Due to the seasonal dates, I think you'll struggle to get anything much less than £1000 per person. Prices go p massively as you get nearer Christmas. We're going from Manchester on 1st December and fly back on the 12th and have flights for £530 each.

Hope this helps.

Julie