We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Give me good itinerary in Goa

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
224 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Give me good itinerary in Goa

Hi,

I am travelling with my son of 5 years and wife on 8 th march from Mumbai

.As i am going first time please someone suggest me good itinerary.

I am arriving thr on 9 march in the morning from mumbai to Goa Airport.and will return on 12 march 2013 in the noon again from airport.

My some queeries are-

1) I want to go first to Calangute beach thr on 8th and 9th March.

How much is Airport far from Calangute beach?

Is thr any car or bus servise direct from airport to calangute beach?

If yes how much will be charge?

2) Can anyone suggest good hotel near to beach ? My budget is @ 1500-2000 Rs per day.

3) Can i get thr byke on rent? If yes what is the procedure ? and what r the rents?

4) On 10 th i want to live in Panji . What r the points that to be must seen while in Panaji ?

5) wAT r the other pts that r must seen while in Goa?

Please suggest me good itinerary as i travelling 1st time in goa.

Candolim, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Give me good itinerary in Goa

Here are my two bits..

1. There are both buses and cabs available from airport to calangute , i would suggest take a cab. It would be about 1000 rps. and abt 1 hr. drive

2. You will find many options in your price range for hotel, just go though the reviews on TA and contact hotel directly for availability

3. Bikes are available on rent, charges would be about 250 rps. but will depend on the bike you choose. Your hotel guys can help you with that Bike owners will typically keep your PAN card as deposit and will give it back to you when you return the bike

4. Panaji you can try the boat ride, 18th June road for shopping, casions etc.

5. This is the most difficult question to answer..you have shopping experience with Saturday night market in arpora, and Wed market in anjuna ..Old goa with beautiful churches and loads and loads of beaches, all with different vibe..everything is a must see.. lol so i guess u will have to prioritize as per your taste.

Have a good trip..

Leitrim, Ireland
Level Contributor
216 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Give me good itinerary in Goa

Calangute is approx an hour from the Airport, a prepaid taxi which you can get just as you leave the terminal building will cost about 1000rps.

There are plenty of good places to stay near Calangute beach well within your budget, just do a search in the hotels section. One we stay in on a regular basis is Caps Corner on Baga Rd, Calangute, short walk to the beach.

www.capscornergao.com has all the details.

you can easily travel to Panji from Calangute by local bus, fare approx 10rps/

Enjoy your trip

Edited: 4:59 am, January 29, 2013
3. Re: Give me good itinerary in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Goa