We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

Auckland, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

Hi all, I am planning a trip to India in March and debating if it's best I travel North to South or the other way around.

I do like the idea of finishing by the beach in Goa, but I will not get there till around the 20th of March. I am concerned this may be towards the end of the season and that beach shacks, restaurants, bars etc will be very quite or closed? I am keen for a bit of a party or at least not a completely dead place. I have seen older forums some saying they can be quiet around this time, others saying they are fine till after Easter weekend?? Does anyone know?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

Hi we go in March every year sunny & busy & lively, Shacks all open till

end of April although some do start to pack up around this time, as for

the south, I believe it Quieter,, we always go to north

2 Week to go for us 8th march for 3 week, Enjoy

Patna, India
Level Contributor
175 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

Hema75, any idea when the parade is this March?

Delhi
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

South Goa is Highly recommended.

Dudley, West...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

DelhiShilpa,We agree that the so called 'watersports' on the beaches at Calangute and Bage are totally unregulated (and expensive - 1000 rupees quoted to us when some friends fancied a go on the 'banana' last week). Last year a friends teenage daughter came back crying with a badly bruised leg after riding the 'donut'. You'll see when you get here.

There are two 'waterparks' here, one halfway along baga creek road by the Royal Goan heritage but we haven't been down that way this season so don't know its status. The other is along the road past the new Saturday night market on the left. That one is open but I have no knowledge of water quality etc. You might want to ask on here for info. Roamers.

Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

Hello tamara, dont worry goa will be busy till mid of april. All the shacks and bars will be open till that time. and parties will be on high like always. We are also going there in the end of march. Will have great time. If u want we hangout togethr, We are 2 guys and we are party animals :-)

Kochi (Cochin...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

i am coming march last week in goa .i will help u

plz contact sunami_sunami2011@yahoo.co.in

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

Not a good idea to put personal contact details on a public forum, I'd edit your post to remove those details if I were you. ;0)

Nottingham...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

There will be some great day parties to celebrate the festival of holi... i strongly recommend this one.. i might be in this party too... http://www.goabase.net/72507

there will be lots happening in goa until april end, so don't worry.. the shacks shut down usually during monsoon, i.e. after june 1st week.. check out shati goa at ashwem beach.. enjoy!

19. Re: Goa March 2013 - good time to go??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 27, 2014