We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Delivery???

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Special Delivery???

Posted Visa applications off at the Post Office yesterday morning . Should have been delivered by 1 o'clock today . Tracking says they are 'currently progressing through our network for delivery'. at 20.30. Hope they haven't lost them. Anyone else had a problem?

Got until Mid January to sort out. Good job I always allow 6 weeks incase of mishaps.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Delivery???

It could be that it's ready for delivery, to be sent to the High Commission.

It sounds quick, but things have improved this season.

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Delivery???

When i tracked ours yorkle with rmsd it showed a signature from someone at vfs to show it had been recieved

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Delivery???

No it's not been delivered by Royal Mail yet Phil. Just been checking on their site and I have to wait 10 working days before they will declare my parcel lost, even though it's should be delivered next day. Will be pushing it to get new passports and apply again for visa's. Can't jump the gun as they won't pay out if they turn up before this time. Can claim postage back for them missing the 1 PM next day slot. Fingers crossed they'll get delivered to VFS tomorrow.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Delivery???

Should do Yorkie, I had the same problem in 2009 only the PO never delivered mine back for 2 weeks and this was 2 weeks before flying out. It was a panicky time and they could give no reason for it being mislaid.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Delivery???

I see what you mean now.....hope it works out ok.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Special Delivery???

I had a similar problem once, what happened was Royal Mail delivered in bulk to a business, they scanned all the items and the recipient signs ONCE for all the items. For some reason mine wasn't scanned but yet was received. Obviously the recipient didn't check the number of packages they were signing for.

Hopefully yours has been received the same as mine and will be processed.

Good luck x

Edited: 4:15 pm, December 05, 2012
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special Delivery???

Cheers Phil , it's only a few hours late and already starting to worry. Nothings ever straight forward to do with Visa's.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Special Delivery???

Have you tried tracking on VFS website? You never know your luck, it could be on it's way back to you lol.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Special Delivery???

Have tried that too Hantslad, they have no trace either. Hope I can sleep tonight...lol I'd have been panicing if I was in Stalex's situation the other year. Got 6 or so weeks to sort.

Edited: 4:25 pm, December 05, 2012
Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Special Delivery???

Well I don't have a lot of confidence in the accuracy of these tracking systems. Last year at the same time as I was online reading that mine was " being processed at the high commission" postie knocked on the door, said "sign here please" and handed me my passport!