We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

4 posts
Save Topic
Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Ronil Beach Resort

Hi everyone.

I'm going to Baga for 2 weeks on the 27th with my girlfriend. She's been to the south loads but the furthest I've ever been is Egypt so I've been on here doing loads of research and you guys have been a great help!

We're staying at the Ronil but I've read on here that the rooms are a mixed bag of condition and location with some of them being next to the noisy road, so I was going to email them to request a good standard of room to try and avoid any messing about when we get there.

Does anyone know which blocks are the quietest/cleanest and what the blocks are called?

Also we are planning on going on a trip to wash the elephants. Does anyone have any recommendations of who took book through or is it a good idea to just ask a taxi driver if we find a decent one?

One last question about buying things. I've read that everyone barters over there and you have to start at about a third of the first price. Is that everywhere though or just markets and the like? What about tailors or jewellers and places like that? I'm planning on using my credit card if I can for any more expensive items.

We're also going to David Guetta so see you there anyone else whose going.

Thanks in advance for answering my noob questions.

Whitby
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Hey....

Think me and my family are on same flight as you and staying at ronil too.

How did Get David guetta tickets?

There are 3 of us so feel free to sa hello if ya spot us 😃

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Barter at the market and with taxi drivers. Don't try in the restaurants. lol

Try starting at 1/3rd in markets but taxi's won't drop price too much.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Hello and welcome to the Goa forum.

The Ronil has been built in 3 stages over the years, the original rooms are in small blocks of 8 rooms around the main swimming pool, blocks A to Fl, blocks E & F are closest to the road, pool facing rooms would be ok but not rooms facing the road, block A is right by the restaurant and I would not book this. These rooms are small and quite basic, however, we always request rooms in these blocks (B, C or D), apart from sleeping and getting ready really don't spend much time in the room.

Block V was the next block built and is directly behind the restaurant block near the second pool, I've never looked at these rooms but have friends that always request these. Been advised these are quiet.

Blocks I & J (?) are the newest blocks and are at the back of the hotel, so should be quiet too, the deluxe rooms are in these blocks, I've been in one room, not sure if it was deluxe room but was much larger and very nice.

The cleaniness of the hotel is of a good standard throughout, never been disappointed, rooms cleaned daily, clean sheets and towels daily, beach and pool towels available too. No frills but I've been staying there for 19 years and always feel safe and comfortable, hotel food is fantastic. If you wish to email them and make further enquiries use fom@ronilgoa.com

Elephant washing can be done at a spice plantation. you can just ask a taxi to take you, agree a price first, this can be combined with Old Goa and Hindu Temples near Ponda too. This is the one we like: http://www.tropicalspiceplantation.com/

Shopping: you should haggle in the markets, stalls and beach sellers, offer about a third and see how you go. Be warned, do not let them know it's your first time and wait until you have a bit of a tan, newcomers are easy prey!! In some shops you can haggle too for goods such as jewellery and handbags, however, if you're buying products such as water, shampoo etc there is a price printed on the item and this is what you should pay.

Have a great time.

Edited: 7:51 pm, November 18, 2012
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Goangal that's a great help thanks, exactly what I was after! I'll email them in the morning.

Also I've heard that there's a jewellers opposite the Ronil that's quite reputable, do you have any experience of it? Or possibly which tailors are good for mens suits?

Stozzy I'll probably bump into you there then. My girlfriend found the tickets on a website called Book My Show which seems to be a bit like ticketmaster for India. If it says there's non or just VIP left then try refreshing it a few times because it kept changing what was available for us.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

we also stay at the Ronil C6 is our favourite room the rooms are basic but clean the staff are wonderful and very friendly hope you enjoy as much as we do we go again 22nd Dec for 3 weeks can`t wait

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

CTF84 i buy all my suits , shirts etc at PPR Enterprises. Turn right leaving your hotel and follow baga rd heading towards baga creek and its on your right. All the items ive had made have been excellent and at a good price too

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Is C6 overlooking pool ?? would like a top floor quiet pool view room too lol

Am I asking too much !!!.

Don't fancy 4 weeks of traffic noise :(

Leitrim, Ireland
Level Contributor
216 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

CTF84,

we always use Shamrock Jewellers opposite the Ronil and would highly recommend them, very honest and trustworthy. anything we ever bought has been valued 4 or 5 times more at home,

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Lizardlips youu want c5 then You can`t have mine lol

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ronil Beach Resort and a few other questions.

Thanks for all the little hints and tips, I'll put them to good use and let you all know how we get on.

Really looking forward to it now! It does sound like the authorities are taking the mick with all the beach policies, but having not been before I don't know any different so I'm sure we'll still love it.