We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Goa to Cochin

Greater...
Level Contributor
13 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Goa to Cochin

We are looking to go from Goa to Cochin by train overnight and are wondering if anyone has done this recently and can tell us how to go about it and how long it takes.

37 replies to this topic
Kentville, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Great information on the preparations for train travel from Goa to Cochin especially from Sanjiv but trying to purchase train tickets through either www.makemytrip.com or www.cleartrip.com is a nightmare. Trying to coordinate the IRCTC account with the cleartrip one each taking different credit cards combined with the blackout period when cleartrip cannot make the booking requires some major manipulation. Can anyone offer some advise?

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

You need to be aware the train booking system does not allow booking between 20.00 hours & 08.00 hours Indian Standard Time, so when making your booking locally, you need to consider the time difference between your zone & India.

Also booking can now only be made 60 days in advance.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Have you read the very first post on the India forum? some good advice on there.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k57…

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Hi,

May I ask how the trip went? we are planning to take an overnight train from Cochi to Goa in August.

1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

And how did YOUR trip go? I am doing the same thing tomorrow night!!! Yippee!

Margao, India
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Panvel-Goa - Cochin railway is under Konkan Railway Corpn . For any update on this railway route just check it on http://konkanrailway.com/english/

Bangalore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Just a note that makemytrip.com only accepts payments using Indian domestic credit cards and debit cards. Foreign-issued cards aren't accepted.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Dear All,

im want to go to Goa from Cochi 5 feb 2015 (thursday). But the train and stations are quite confusing hence the internet not quite helpful. my questions are:

1) which train station should i take on 5 Feb 2015?

2) for foreigners, which class should i choose?

3) are the seats limited? because i need to wait 66 waiting lists.

4) can i just walk in to buy the foreign seat since the its such a very long list.

5) if the tourist seats are not available, which class should i take that have sleeper?

really need your help in this..thanks!!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

Hi,

Here is a link to show all the trains between Kochuveli to Madgao

Only one train Netravati runs daily and other trains on particular days in a week which are given in the chart.

indiarailinfo.com/search/…511

Please try to book 60 days prior as seats in railways are in great demand and big waiting lists are formed on the day the booking for the date opens.

There is a foreigners' travel quota. How it exactly works, I am not aware, for which I am sorry.

Please take A/C First class or A/C two tier to ensure comfort. If not the A/C three tier would do. Oridnary class is called 3 tier sleeper and has no A/C.

In case you do not get confirmed ticket you can try under Tatkaal scheme 48 hours before the date of departure under Tatkaal quota scheme which commands a small premium.

Sanjiv

India
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Train from Goa to Cochin

open account at official indian railways website irctc.com and you will get the accurate train details there . I m sure there will be many trains available between madgaon-cochin or thivim-cochin

Edited: 3:43 am, January 05, 2015
Reply to: Train from Goa to Cochin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted