We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Refurb

P4J
Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Refurb

Hi,

Anyone know if the building work has finished yet?

Phil

Bristol,England
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Hi Phil

We are travelling on 2nd April to the Holiday Inn, and although I can't up date you on the current situation. I have today received a letter from Thomas Cook telling us about the building work. so I guess it still ongoing.

I have tried to phone them several times today to get an update but they are constantly engaged.

If I get through I will post a note here. If you find out anything from your tour operator can you post here for me.

thanks

Jayne

UK
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Hi there,

We are also booked into the holiday inn from 7 April with First Choice. We have been informed that they have finished the major work (which should have finished end of Feb) and are now second fixing and be completed the end of April. We are not overly worried but have been assured by first choice that are rights have not been affected and if were not happy on arrival then they will assist us.

P4J
Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Hey,

Thanks, we are with First Choice going out on the 15th april from gatwick. i havent heard anything from our tour operator.

hope its finished.

Ciao for now.

P4J
Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

I have had a letter from First Choice this morning saying:

The main refurb is complete but fittings are still on going hopefully complete by end of April (2 months behind schedule suppose to be finished end of feb)

They have refurb the spa and built a new convention room still finishing them off (painting, fitting lights etc)

also they are landscaping the gardens and that is ongoing.

Hope that helps.

Phil

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Hi Phil & Lyndsay

Whilst you're there I wonder if you would mind trying to find out if any more major refurbishments are planned for next season. I've already booked for next Feb and whilst I appreciate hotels do need updating from time to time it would be nice to know that nothing else major is planned. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

P4J
Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Yep not a prob will speak when i return Gemma1.

Regards

Phil & Lyndsay

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

am really concerned to hear that work is still ongoing especially landscaping the gardens, we are due to go to holiday inn on apr 2nd with manos and havent heard a thing since we last enquired back in jan and were told that it would all be finished by the time we got out there! any more updates would be much appreciated. thank goodness for the web!

P4J
Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Deb and Pete,

It is only minimal, im sure it will be ok, we are going with First Choice, Just ask Manos and see what they say and let us know please they have to tell you and may give you the option to move ours did but we said no.

Phil & Lyndsay

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

Phil & Lyndsay,

Thanks. My agent spoke to Manos today. Works are due to finish in April. Manos have not written to us because the works are causing no disruption - no Manos travellers have raised any sort of complaints, which is definitely reassuring.

Manos are leaving it to us as to whether we cancel or try to re-book (no charges). That said, the latter would be tricky as they advise there are no All Inclusive places elsewhere for the fortnight we are due to go and given we are a party of ten, getting us all in the same resort at such short notice is never really going to happen.

Adios and have a bon vacance!!

Brighton
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Refurb

WE visited Holiday Inn in late Feb/early march. While there was evidence of building work having been done ( looked three quarters completed), I didnt see anyone doing actually any work while we were there - no noise, no disruption at all.