We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dabolim airport customs

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
23 helpful votes
dabolim airport customs

hello everyone,made our first visit to goa in april,and going back next march.i like to smoke english cigars so took 2 packs with me(100)there was no officers when we went thru customs.if i had been stopped would i have been able to pay duty and keep them.they were not duty free and i had the receipt and were in my luggage bag any advice would be welcome.thank you.garryblake

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
29 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: dabolim airport customs

Hit & miss mate.... if you get Hitler on duty they may be gone or a fine.... if they are in your case a bigger chance nobody will bother.

London, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: dabolim airport customs

I think the limit is 50 cigars..

Most likely confiscate the extra 50 ..They won't be interested in the duty paid here in UK I'm afraid .

Not worth you appealing..if confiscated ( note they can confiscate full 100, not sure how they operate out there)

But frankly chances of you being stopped 50/50 .. who knows !

In all my years of travelling across the world only ever stopped after walking into Mexico from Arizona last year for the day and trying to get back into Arizona on UK passport .. questioned for 5 mins .. as landed in new York..wanted to know what I was doing and what I had on me , luckily just purse and pottery bought in Mexico! 3 others on Irish passports..no issues at all !! Lol.. and I worked for the border force here at the time!! Didn't realise how scary it was to be stopped before I was!!!!

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: dabolim airport customs

thank you

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
23 helpful votes
4. Re: dabolim airport customs

thanks scottishgrass

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
38 reviews
66 helpful votes
5. Re: dabolim airport customs

I fairly sure your only allowed to bring in 125 grams of rolling tobacco. The limits were reduced dramatically. A couple of years ago. They went up and then back down further. I think you'd be lucky to get 5 cigars in. Best check it out on the website. Make sure the website is up to date too. If it's older than 2 years it will be out of date.

BOB.....

Reply to: dabolim airport customs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted