We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good to be back in Goa 5

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Good to be back in Goa 5

Wednesday night we decided to go to the Jazz Inn to see Graeme Hamilton (ex UB40) we have gone to listen to him each time that we have been in Cavelossim as we really enjoy his reggae music. Yet again he did not disappoint. I had tandoori prawns and butter naan and hubby had shepherd's pie, 3 lge kingfisher beers and 2 cocktails total price 1780irp

We have had a very quiet day but happy to report that we managed to feed the little white kitty by Edwin's pool.

Friday Chris cruises boat trip

We met up with two friends and headed down to where the boat is docked just a few steps down the lane from where we are staying. We were led to believe that it was fully booked but in actual fact there were empty tables and we were told sit where you like there is plenty of room. We headed off down the river sal towards the sea and straight away noticed that there were more fishing boats anchored up than usual. As we passed by all the crews were on deck and shouted HAPPY HOLI, of course it was the festival of Holi today. As we got closer to the sea there were many many boats all coming back, quite a sight and all waving and shouting HAPPY HOLI.

The sea was as calm as calm and the boat hardly swayed as it chugged out to sea in the morning sunshine . Not a sight of a dolphin, I thought that we were out of luck today when we suddenly caught sight of two of the wonderful creatures coming out of the water and quickly disappearing back into the water again . Then another 3 came up in unison, Steve the captain got the boat closer so that we could get an even better view. They then seemed to disappear for a time, the boat turned and we then saw a whole pod of dolphins at the front of the boat. An Absolutely magical experience, what wonderful creatures they are.

We headed back up the river sal and anchored up for lunch of garlic prawns, Kingfish steaks and fruit cocktail with honey bee poured over it, delicious.

Cost of 1100irp each. Excellent value.

After a large lunch on board the boat we had a very light dinner at Saajans jacket potato with tuna mayo, pancake, banana fritters, 2lg kingfishers and 2 breezes 1130irp.

7 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Hi bubbles

Glad you had another lovely day and enjoyed the boat trip. It must have been great seeing the pod of dolphins. Saw your pics again on Instagram.

Food sounds lovely again. 25 days and counting til our turn tasting beautiful food and delicious cocktails 😊

Look forward to your next report. Enjoy.

Level Contributor
301 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Lovely read Bubbles! Cheered me up no end as I’ve been struck down with cold here!

porthcawl uk
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Great report. Enjoyed seeing Graeme in Benaulim last year, although a little worse for wear by end of the night lol

Edited: 2:01 pm, March 02, 2018
Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Just seeing a pod of dolfins would make my holiday, you're so lucky bubbles, loving your reports.

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Agree with Chrella, been on so many early morning dolphin trips and never seen one, going back as far as 1993, so you really were lucky Bubbles. Last year I, and a few others, saw dead dolphins and turtles on Mobor/Cavelossim beach and was really concerned. Good to know they’re thriving despite the many fishing trawler nets!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Another great report bubbles, we always enjoy a night out at the Jazz Inn when Graeme is performing.

Great that you managed to see so many dolphins on the boat trip, it's always a good day out, though we haven't done it for a few years now.

Still freezing here, with snow piled up in the back garden, it's a great time to be in Goa :-)

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good to be back in Goa 5

Fantastic reports Bubbles, we are staying in Cavelossim beginning of April (our first time in India) so I have made a note of all the places you have visited so that we can go and try them out for ourselves.

Thank you for all the great information xx

Reply to: Good to be back in Goa 5
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted