We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

Kent UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

I suspect that I am not the first to ask this question and I apologise if the topic is being repeated.

However we have been messed about something rotten by our UK travel agent and find ourselves running out of time. We have decided to book our flights to Delhi here in UK and also the first at least of our hotels. We also have a pretty tight shortlist of hotels in Rajasthan and we think we know where to book in Kerala later.

We plan to spend about 16-17 days in India of which most of it will be in Rajasthan, Notably in Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Jaipur.

I travelled around Rajasthan pretty extensively a number of years ago on business and employed a wonderful small company based in Delhi who sorted out our drivers, all journeys including flights and even some of the hotels. They were always there to pick us up on timeThey were very flexible and were happy for me to make some of the arrangements and just top up where necessary. They used other small companies in Udaipur and Jodhpur to represent them when we were there. Sadly I have managed to lose their details and need to pluck a similar small company out of the air.

I know that a number of people on this forum will already have recommended such small companies and I would ask that they do so again or at least point me at the relevent postings.

We obviously like most people are on a limited budget and are wary of being ripped off (I know India quite well and have experience of the best and the worst).

The sort of people we are looking for would be friendly honest and use excellent drivers and vehicles. They will phone ahead to double check bookings, reserve train journeys, that sort of thing.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can suggest somebody .

Bilbao
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

Check this out... it's been recomended sevral tiems here..

www.fourwheeldriveindia.com

I find it very expensive though, I´ll be arriving in Delhi next week and still trying to find someone for a tour...

Hope somebody else will be able to give us something better.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

I'm using a company called airawat dotcom in delhi and they seem to be pretty good so far. They are making all arrangements for my upcoming trip and on the budget I suggested.

england
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

check here online www.travelvirus.com for some information

cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

Try my mate Sanjay; he was no end of help when we arrived in Delhi, and actually fixed us up in a hotel with air-conditioning, TV and fridge for the princely sum of $USD15 a night... not a palace, but in the relatively-central area of Karol Bagh, which is where his agency is (was?).

Trouble is, I can't remember the name of the agency, even though we have actually been there, as we called in to the tiny office to express our appreciation. No worries... Sanjay is contactable on the internet (this is how we found him), and even though it's over two years since we were in India, I know that his email address is still current, as he always sends us a Diwali and Christmas email, and still thanks us for our support (we recommended him to a couple of people back in 2005, and they were as enthusiatic about him as we were... he really tries to take an interest in his clientele).

You can contact him on info@ access-india.com; ask for him by name, as I don't know how many other people work on this site.

If you do a search (above) you will find several mentions of him on this forum; admittedly, most of them are mine, so this is a one-eyed view. However, at least one was from someone who decided to follow my advice, and this person's comment was a straight rave.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in Sanjay. If I can find that "other" post recommending him, I'll "top" it for you.

Have a great time in India, the best holiday destination in the world!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

Lemniot, check the post from Jobot about last-minute hotel deals.... it has my comments about Sanjay and also a cut-and-paste of a Canadian guy's comments as well.

6. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:55 am, January 23, 2014
7. Re: Small company to organise internal journeys and hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 24, 2009