We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best car and driver in Delhi

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best car and driver in Delhi

After a lot of research and reading many reviews we found a driver in Delhi called Pankaj Singh. We contacted him via email to see if he was available for my trip dates. He was very speedy to reply considering the time difference. His rate was very reasonable and after contacting a few other drivers we decided to go with our gut and we hired him for 6 days. We wanted to see the sights in Delhi and do a 2 day trip to Agra. He was able to answer all of our questions via email and we made arrangements to meet at our hotel. I went to his website to see a photo of him so we would know who we were looking for. I also wanted to make sure we got him and not one of his drivers, not because that was a bad thing, I just like to know who I am dealing with.

He was very pleasant on our first meeting and during our 6 days had a great time with him. He is very funny and easy going, even though my husband said his jokes sucked! (Someone please buy him a good joke book) He took us to the places we requested and took us to some hidden gems(ask him about the Step Well) He even went shopping with me so ensure that I got a good deal.

His car was clean and he had wipes and water available, one day I mentioned that the water was warm and he stopped to buy some ice cold water for us. He genuinely wants to make sure that you have a good trip.

As a family from Canada and it being our first trip to India we were a little hesitate about hiring someone we didn't know, but it all worked out and we were very happy with our choice.

I am very grateful to the Tripadvisor members who write reviews as they do help when planning a big trip. Therefore I am adding mine.

Feel free to contact me if you want more information.

Pankaj can be contacted via email at : pankajsingh555@yahoo.com or by mobile phone +91-99718-85284

Preston, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Having visited India several times in the past few years on business, I have become accustomed to drivers being late, dirty cars, driver constantly making or receiving mobile phone calls when driving, poor/bad or no English and even the driver simply not knowing where they were going!

Pankaj does not fit into the above.

Searching for a reliable driver in Delhi on Tripadvisor, the name Pankaj Singh popped up a few times with others, but the comments that came with Pankaj were almost too god to be true following my previous experiences.

I contacted three drivers via email, one did not respond at all, so there was an easy cut to two, another responded with vague answers to my initial requests and wrote about extras for this and supplements for that, to be honest I felt he was going to charge me for the email reply. Then there was the reply from Pankaj, it was quick (this man must sleep with his smart phone) it was courteous, well written, answered all my questions and more, the price was good..........hang on, following all my previous experiences I wondered had I sent this email to a driver in another country!

After a few email exchanges, more clarification on my part, I booked Pankaj for three days. On the run up to the trip Pankaj contacted me to confirm the booking and hotel, a nice touch I thought.

Our time in Delhi was limited, so we wanted to squeeze as much as possible in, we wanted a 3am pick up on the first day to take us to Agra, Taj etc.. Thinking this would be like previous driving experiences in India, I was prepared for a wait in the hotel reception, the only question was how long, I was wrong. At 2.55, the phone rang in the room and our driver was here, WOW GREAT START. Upon meeting Pankaj, he was clean and tidy, his English was great and the vehicle was just as he had described it.

Over the course of the next three days, we had some fun and laughs, saw some great sights including the Taj Mahal, the tour guide that Pankaj uses is also to the same high standard as Pankaj. We constantly bombarded Pankaj with questions, he was usually able to answer, he took us to all the places we wanted to visit and took us to places that we did not know. Food/restaurant choices were good, authentic Indian food (what would you expect), but friendly, clean and good prices.

In brief, Pankaj was a reliable driver, providing a great service with good English and a nice clean large vehicle at a good price, I would have absolutely no hesitation in using or recommending Pankaj to anybody wanting a driver/guide in Delhi.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Pankaj Singh - Independent Driver - Delhi - Agra - Rajasthan

I Would like to say the best driver in Delhi, Not that I have tried them all and I don't think I will need to as I have now discovered Mr Singh. Three of us travelled from Sydney, Australia for the first time in India. I contected Mr Singh by e-mail requesting to visit Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and Vanaras. Mr Singh told me I needed 8 days to visit the four cities, I wanted to try train trip from Agra to Vanaras and returning from Vanaras to Delhi by train. He booked all our hotels, Train Tickets and his car Toyota SUV was clean reliable and playing my kind of music and occisational jokes by MR.Singh. We never had to wait for him, at the airport, at our hotels and when we were shopping. Mid way through our trip we decided to extend our stay in India and visit Hari Dawar, not a problem ,says Mr.Singh and we don't want to come back by train, we would like to fly to Delhi from Vanaras.He organised it all so easily and because of his prior commitments he could not take us to Hari Dawar but got us his cousin Krishna- EXCELLENT service by him, We cannot fault his driving and service. Mr. Singh took us to some very good resturants and the best was on our last day in Delhi when he invited us to his place for dinner, his wife cooked some of our favourite food, She is an excellent cook, much apriciated mate. We would definitely recommend Pankaj to anyone looking to have a unique experience in India. When we return we will chose Pankaj as our driver again.

His details: Pankaj Singh; pankajsingh555@yahoo.com; +919971885284

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Pankaj was a great find for us. He understands the requirements and sensitivities of an outside traveller to India. He was very flexible , kept the car very neat and confortable, and helped us with some useful suggestions. If we had to use a private hire car, we would definitely consider Pankaj again and having had a very good experience with his services, i have no hesitation in recomending him to my friends and family who may plan on a north India tourist visit, especially since we have had many experiences with other drivers in India before, and the standards are nowhere as good as his. Thank you, Pankaj.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Pankaj was a great find for us. He understands the requirements and sensitivities of an outside traveller to India. He was very flexible , kept the car very neat and confortable, and helped us with some useful suggestions. If we had to use a private hire car, we would definitely consider Pankaj again and having had a very good experience with his services, i have no hesitation in recomending him to my friends and family who may plan on a north India tourist visit, especially since we have had many experiences with other drivers in India before, and the standards are nowhere as good as his. Thank you, Pankaj.

Auburn, California
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

I agree with all the writers. They have painted a fair and true representation of their experiences. Pankaj is an excellent tour operator and a great find for travelers who desire to have a safe, professional and fun person to drive them around Delhi and surrounding areas. He clearly understands the importance of good customer service. He is a good person and a gentleman. I had no apprehensions having him around my family.

Pankaj was very accommodating and took us around Delhi to all the places we wanted to visit and to the best restaurants, being very mindful of our needs, privacy and budget. He was very patient with us and catered to our constant plan deviations/changes, without complaint. In fact, my children felt very comfortable around him and have mentioned him by name on many occasions since our trip. (they are 12-15 years of age, and scarcely remember anyone else they meet in India)

Personally, I enjoyed my long conversations with him during our drives. He is both funny and quite knowledgeable of current affairs. He is also a safe driver and made sure our safety and comfort was not compromised by speeding and rash driving. He kept his car clean and well stocked with ice cold water and toiletries.

I will not hesitate to use Pankaj again in future or to recommend him to all my friends in the US. In fact, I am already planning an adventure tour to the north (cooler part) a couple of years in the future and plan to use Pankaj as my tour buddy and driver.

Thank you Pankaj and we will keep in touch.

Turin, Italy
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Hi! We hired car through Pankaj travel agency and have had a great experience. We appreciated the real customer satisfaction services and even more then that. Manu, our driver, was excellent from first time we met to answer to all our needs. We found in him the person able to satisfy us in visiting towns, finding very good restaurants, offering support for our questions or doubts... We have had a wonderful time together, knowing more about culture, life style, tradition, personal habitudes. He was punctual on time even if we were behind on our schedules. There was always a smile on his face with an attitude to serve and support his customer. The car was maintained clean with nice cooling bottled water. If we visit India again we will rehire their services.......Sudha & Ana

Maldives
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

I and my friend visited the golden triangle, Delhi-Agra- Jaipur, a week ago and we were pleased that we have Mr. Pankaj Singh as our driver and tour guide. We enjoyed our trip because of him. We hired his car for 4 nights and 4 days and it was a very pleasant experience. Car was very clean and comfortable. We even asked connect to his 3g.. :) I would recommend Mr. Pankaj SIngh as he has the best service ever!!!!

Edited: 6:29 am, August 07, 2014
Johannesburg, South...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Pankaj was really helpful on a recent trip to India - I was traveling alone as a young woman so wanted to sort out all my transport beforehand (you hear so many stories about taxi scams etc). The service was seamless and made the hassle of traveling a lot easier. One of his drivers, Monu, met me at the airport, took me around Delhi for the day, and dropped me off at the train station (even insisted on making sure I got on to the train safely). I used the service again on my return to Delhi 2 weeks later. Very friendly and professional, good clean cars, excellent value for money. Would happily recommend Pankaj

Edited: 1:12 pm, August 10, 2014
Sydney, New South...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Pankaj was one of the best choices we made when travelling from Delhi to Agra. He ensured that we had every possible comfort in the vehicle, from cold water to hand sanitiser. He was cheerful and able to explain everything we saw on our drive. His choice in guide, Bindu, was fantastic. Very knowledgable and proud of the sites she showed us which made the tour so much better. Incredibly funny guy, was like taking a trip with an old mate. Will be booking him again on the next trip and have no issues in giving the bloke and his business a 100% recommendation. Well worth it.

Edited: 5:53 am, August 17, 2014
Quebec, Quebec...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Best car and driver in Delhi

Our daughter who will be travelling alone is considering using Pankaj's services to pick her up from the Delhi airport, drop her off at her hotel and then drive her from Delhi to Pokhara (Nepal) the next day. Would you recommend her being alone with him on a possible 2 day trip? We are trying to find a safe way for her to travel from Delhi to Pokhara but flying is not an option and doing the trip by train/bus by herself is not too appealing. But it is also kinda scary to use services by someone your find on the internet…

Thank you for any advice you can give us!