We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

Hi

Please advice me that i am family of 4 people and wanted to visit Gir forest / diu / somnath in feb. 2017.

1. Pls tell me that how many days shall i spend at each destination. (pleasure trip)

2. How to plan in ternary as i am planning directly go to JUNAGADH by train and stay 2 days in gir forest then plan for diu and somnath.

3. pls tell me how to go diu from junagadh and how many days is enough for diu as my kids love beaches.

4. about somnath pls suggest how to reach there and is there anything else which is good to see which is near to these destination and for return i have to catch train from Rajkot so pls suggest according to this..

I am very thankful to u if u reply early as i have to book train tickets and hotels.

thanks once again.

Mahi

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

Hi,

You may engage a taxi from Junagadh for the trip upto Rajkot. The safari may please be booked sufficiently in advance on www.girlion.in . You may stay 2 days in Gir and then proceed to Somnath.

Somnath and other surrounding temples can be visited in half-a-day and later travel to Diu for night stay. Spend about 2-days in Diu.

Later you can visit Dwarka before returning to Rajkot. Dwarka you will need one full day (preferably a nigh halt).

While traveling from Diu to Dwarka, you may take a halt to explore Porbandar.

CarLink

Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

thanks for reply sir,

pls tell me i have some questions

1. is we get car on rent at diu.

2. which is best beach in diu.

3. is in diu 2 days is enough coz i am planning to stay 3-4 days there coz my kids love beaches.

4. dwarka is how far from diu.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

Hi,

You may take a small car like Indica Vista for the round trip. Diu is relatively very small place. My most guests stay at Radhika Beach Resort and have given good review about it.

The distance between Diu and Dwarka is about 300 Kms and you will need 5 hrs to commute the distance.

In case you need any further information please let me know.

CarLink

Edited: 6:35 am, November 27, 2016
Bhopal, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

thanks

Ahmedabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

For touring the local destination should I hire a taxi or a two wheeler. How much does it costs for hiring a full day cab.

6. Re: Gir Forest / Diu / Somnath.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, January 16, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Diu
More Diu Topics