We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 1 day enough to see Chandigarh?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is 1 day enough to see Chandigarh?

I m landing in Chandigarh in August 11 o' clock in the morning, and i m thinking to stay one night and another night i want to go to visit Shimla via Kalka train.

In chandigarh i want to see,

1. Rock garden

2.Rose Garden

3. Roads( is it possible to see mapple trees there?)

4.Cactus Garden

5. Pinjore Garden

and one last curiosity , is it allowed to go inside the mohali cricket stadium when there is no cricket?

thank you

Chandigarh, India
Destination Expert
for Chandigarh
Level Contributor
310 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 1 day enough to see Chandigarh?

Your list is pretty big! You can definitely do the rock garden, the nearby sukhna lake which should be seen, and the rose garden. Also a drive around the City Beautiful. Pinjore gardens are on the way to Shimla, so it makes more sense to drive there(25-30 min approx) on the next morning, see the gardens, then catch the mid day train to Shimla.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 1 day enough to see Chandigarh?

thank you friend, that was very helpful, can we get taxi from Chandigarh to Pinjore , and Pinjore to Kalka Railway station?

i was thinking when i land to Chandigarh in 28 august, visiting rock garden and rose garden that day, and next morning visiting Pinjore garden and after this, going to catch Kalka-Shimla train, which leaves from kalka at 12 :00 pm.

Do you think its possible?

Chandigarh, India
Destination Expert
for Chandigarh
Level Contributor
310 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 1 day enough to see Chandigarh?

It is do able! 28th u can do chd including a stroll about sec 17 the famous shopping plaza. Kalka railway station is v near the pinjore garden. You can fix up a taxi either thru online search or from sec 17 itself.

Hope u have a great trip!

4. Re: Is 1 day enough to see Chandigarh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 07, 2014