We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What location to stay??

Which Chandigarh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
What location to stay??

Hello

We are from Mumbai and planning a 4day visit to Chandigarh in Jan2012. Some questions:

1 Day / Night temperatures in mid January?

2 What would be a good location to stay for 4 nights? Our purpose is holiday / relaxation / sightseeing. Budget is not an issue - we are looking at around Rs 5,000/- per day for the hotel.

We will fly in from Mumbai.

Thx !

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What location to stay??

Hey,

1)I think the temperature in Jan will be somewhere around 10 to 18 degree during day and night maybe 7 to 16degree.You must carry some woolen with you as maybe u plan to go to Shimla too as its not so far from Chandigarh

2)Hotels mmm if Budget is not an issue then you must go for Aroma hotel i think ull get a good room for 2000 to 3000.Its 1 km away from the main bus stand and almost 15 mins away by car from Airport.There are some chain of restaurants too like Yo china,Cafe coffee day etc right next to it .Other than that u can try JW Marriot,its kind of luxury hotel, i haven't been there though but i have heard a lot about it.

I am a Chandigarh resident so in case u need more views let me know.

Good luck.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What location to stay??

Hi

I am thinking of the Lemontree Hotel located at Chandigarh Industrial and Business Park Phase I - Chandigarh 160017.

It is opening mid December. Is this area ok to stay?

We like to stay not very far from the main markets, bazaar, etc. In January, it will get dark around 5pm - so we want to stay in a lively area.

Thanks

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What location to stay??

Hey :)

ummm i have been to that area but I am not sure where exactly your hotel is,the best part about that location is that it is near to Pvr theater,Fun republic mall and IT park(it got Dt mall) will b near it too,u can go for shopping there.But i guess that area has got lot of industries iam not sure if you will like that area or not.Otherwise its good location for sure.

By the way if u find some hotel near sector 17 as i said Aroma,Mountview etc then it will be easy for you to see Rock garden,Rose garden,Sukhna lake and Sector 17 market(kinda famous).All these places are like 25 min away from your location but almost 10 min away from Sector 17.

But i guess you should select that hotel only if you like it because Chandigarh is a small city and it wont take you much time to travel from your hotel to any markets or bazaar you wanna go.

Good Luck :)

Chandigarh, India
Destination Expert
for Chandigarh
Level Contributor
284 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What location to stay??

hi! in jan chandigarh will be cold! coming from mumbai u will definitely feel the chill, so do carry sufficient woollens!

night temperatures can go as low as 2-3 centigrade but days are warmer ..maybe between 12 to 18 degrees.

if budget is not a major consideration, do check out the chandigarh tourism corporation site citcochandigarh.com. MOUNTVIEW is their premier property here, well located in sector 10, and Shivalikview is also a decent hotel located in sector 17 which is the main shopping plaza.

sector 35 is also a lively area with a host of good hotels. TA is a helpful start to hotel searches. maybe you can do some more research and then get some feedback.

there is also a taj property in sector 17, which you can check out online. a new Marriot has been recently launched, in sector 34, which i think would be the most expensive.

i would not recommend staying in the industrial area, since that way you will not get to experience chandigarh's charm or attractions fully.

Dhaka City...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What location to stay??

hi HK,

plz tell me how much time i will need from chandigarh rail station to see the rose garden and then come back to station to start for delhi? i am coming in next Feb. is it a good time so see rose garden? thanks...............

Chandigarh, India
Destination Expert
for Chandigarh
Level Contributor
284 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What location to stay??

the commute would take you under half an hour, and a couple of hours to wander around the park. feb shd be fine.

hope this helps.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What location to stay??

Hey emran,

As cleo30 said it will take u 15 20 mins to travel,you will find lot of buses,auto etc too a the station and all of them are well connected to Sector 17 bus stand.Rose garden is 5 mins away from it.

Feb is gonna b good time for sure,i suggest u must see rock garden too,u'll love it.and if u haven't booked rail ticket yet then u can go to Delhi from bus stand too.There are very comfortable Volvo buses for Delhi.They charge around 500-600.

Let me know if u wanna know more.Have a good time friend.

Dhaka City...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What location to stay??

thanks a lot cleo30 and HK_21.

so i am planning to reach chandigarh station as early as possible. then taking a half day tour by the double decker tourist bus and see rose garden & rock garden. then come back to rail station and start for delhi.

regarding bus, i know it is a good option but i am intentionally avoiding it as my 4 year old kid likes train.....

thanks again both of you..

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What location to stay??

Oh good good,Then u must use train only,regarding double decker mmm....u must confirm the timings and everything.i think some hotel owns it Shivalik i think.iam not sure at all so maybe Cleo can tell u about it.Anyways enjoy :)

Chandigarh, India
Destination Expert
for Chandigarh
Level Contributor
284 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What location to stay??

the double decker bus starts from the shivalik view hotel in sector 17. the hotel is also run by CITCO- the chd admin's tourism corporation. the web address is citcochandigarh.com. you can confirm about the bus from their help icon or helpline.

hope this helps.