We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for a dhaba

Which Chandigarh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
67 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion for a dhaba

Hi

I will be en route to Shimla for a couple of hours in Chandigarh. Any suggestions to eat at a authentic dhaba( lunch ) or anything else to do/see is welcome since its my first time to the city.

I will be landing at the airport from Delhi.Also how many hours is the drive?

Thanks

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

The obvious attraction in Chandigarh is the nek Chand Rock Garden sorry can't help with a suggestion for a dhaba

chandigarh.co.uk/tourist-attractions/rock-ga…

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

Swarn Dhaba, Sector 30

Amritsari Chajju Da Dhaba, Sector 34-C

Tehal Singh Dhaba, Sector 22

pune
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

instead of finding a dhaba in chandigarh, i would continue on my way to shimla and on the way stop at a roadside dhaba for an authentic dhaba experience. there are plenty of dhabas on the way. try something after kalka in the hills little away from the inhabited areas. if you r travelling by bus, then there sure is going to be a halt at one of the dhabas for 15-30 minutes (depending on the time of the day)

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

The Kalka-Shimla route has many dhabas...But I have recommended very good dhabas of Chandigarh...Swarn da dhaba is an institution.....

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

If I'm not mistaken, the drive from Delhi to Simla is about 8-9 hrs. From Delhi to Chandigarh it's about 4-5 hrs.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

Yes ! Sandy, you are right !

7. Re: Suggestion for a dhaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 23, 2009