We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Assam, Arunachal, Meghalaya and Sikkim in Sep

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Assam, Arunachal, Meghalaya and Sikkim in Sep

Hi,

Im planning to visit the states of Assam, Arunachal (Tawang), Meghalaya and Sikkim during the 1st or 2nd week of September for about 20 days. Last year during this time I did my motorcycle trip from Kanyakumari to Leh, hoping to hit Nepal, the Northeast and Bhutan also, but the entire region was affected by earthquake and landslides. Kindly advise if its an appropirate time to visit. I do not mind the rains though. I would like to backpack across the region visitng Guwahati, the Tawang monastries, Kaziranga, Shillong, Cherrapunji, Bhutan, Gangtok, Kalimpong and Darjeeling. Any information is highly appreciated. Thank you

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
541 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Assam, Arunachal, Meghalaya and Sikkim in Sep

hi,

its better to visit Tawang in octorber.if it rains road condition gets more worst & frequent landslides can make your journey problematic.

2. Re: Travelling to Assam, Arunachal, Meghalaya and Sikkim in Sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, February 14, 2014