We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

winter vacation, disabled

Which Visakhapatnam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hua Hin, Thailand
1 post
Save Topic
winter vacation, disabled

Hi!

I would like a place to spend the winter at, november through april. I would like to live in the tropics (or close), near the sea, with a swimming pool, and with everything within walking distance. How is Visakhapatnam, and Andhra Pradesh? Is the climate okay? Medical care? Crime?

Should I look for a hotel, an apartment, or perhaps something in between? I'd rather not spend more than $1000 dollars per month on acommodation, preferably half or less. I need wide doors and large bathrooms.

In my country I get money from the state to hire people to help me with the things I can't do myself due to my disability. I need help with virtually everything. I'm thinking of hiring people myself. What do you think that would cost (let's say it's a fulltime job)? I need a service-minded person, perhaps with some medical training.

In Thailand (where I am now), there are lots of motorcycles with side-wagons. I'm working on modifying one, so I can drive my wheelchair up on a ramp. That seems the easiest and cheapest way to get around. How is it in India?

If you have any other advice, it's greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Thomas Lindroth, Sweden

1. Re: winter vacation, disabled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 01, 2014