We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

Hi everyone! I am planning to visit Vizag-Araku and then Hyderabad during next year Jan-Feb with my wife. We stay in Kolkata and planning to visit Vizag first. We would be reaching there by train most probably Coromondel Express. Would be staying in Vizag for 3 days, then will be going to Araku Valley, will stay there for 2 days and finally we will move to Hyderabad. We have planned to stay in in Hyderabad for 3 days, 1 day off course for Ramoji, 1 day for other sight seeing and 1 day for shopping and roaming around. We will be then taking a flight back to Kolkata. Can anyone suggest me the best way to travel between the three places mentioned. Also please guide me on how to reach Hyderabad from Araku, what are the other places of attraction, about the accomodation (budget 2k per head per day), good places to eat - out (non-veg) and whether my planning is ok or not. thanks in advance

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

You can avail Yashwantpur Exp. Because, the arrival time matches with the check-in time of the hotels (12 noon). Coromondel Exp. arrival time is early in the morning, so you have to wait for the check-in.

Day 1 : Arrival, check-in. Afternoon strolling along Ramkrishna Beach, Kalibari etc.

Day 2 : Sight seeing - Kailash Giri, Rushikonda Beach, Submarine Museum

Day 3 : Araku by train (join the APTDC package), Borra Cave etc. back to vizag by 9 p.m.

Day 4 : Train to Hyderabad

Day 5 : Arrival, check-in. Afternoon ; Lumbini Park laser show

Day 6 : Ramoji Film City (Day trip)

Day 7 : Golconda Fort, Salarjung Museum, Charminar. Dinner at PARADISE or Hyderabad House.

Day 8 : Shopping around Charminar. Dep for Airport according to flight time.

Edited: 4:56 am, September 09, 2010
Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

thanks a lot sir.

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

I wont suggest to stay at Araku, except the tribal museum and a park, there is nothing to see as such. The APTDC hotel is there, which is not upto the mark. Anyway, the Bora Cave is worth seen. Araku & Bora are in APTDC package with breakfast and lunch.

To enjoy the highest broad gauge railway and tunnels, you must avail the train for Arku.

Edited: 11:41 am, September 09, 2010
kolkata
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

DEAR SIR,

I AM VERY HAPPY TO SEEING YOUR TOUR PLANNING,

Now i want to know, cost of hotel charges & fooding in different location

Kaushik

kol

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

Hi Kaushik,

Let me know your budget for the hotels first, I will suggest the hotels accordingly.

AshisRoy

Edited: 4:24 am, September 10, 2010
Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

how will the be the climate there during jan-feb?

India
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

Jan -Feb weather will be excellent in Vizag

8. Re: Trip to Vizag-Araku-Hyderabad for 8 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 11, 2011