We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Begumpet Station to Westin

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Begumpet Station to Westin

I would like to check what will the best way to travel from Begumpet station to the Westin Hotel at around 08:30 AM. Are there taxis and cabs readily available outside the station or should I book Meeru or some other cab company in advance?

The reason I am asking is because a collegue of mine was saying that there is nothing available outside the station except maybe a few autos (he is from Secunderabad). I understand Begumpet is a bit far from Secunderabad.So was worried coz I have two large bags and that may not fit in the auto.Your help will be appreciated.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

The Begumpet Railway Station is a pass over station within the City Limits and normally a 2-3 minute halt is provided in the Trains so that local residential people can get thru quickly on Arrival/Departure for long distance trains.

As the Railway Station is situated below the main Over Bridge there are only few Autos and selected taxis if you are lucky. Begumpet to Westin should be around 20-25kms to my best of knowledge. So either take a chance or to be on safe side book a Meru Cab. If you ask my personal opinion I wont recommend to take a chance on a Taxi at Begumpet, book in advance as you dont want to use a Auto.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

Thanks a lot Ratna Prasad...yes that is exactly what I am gonna do...Am gonna book a Meeru cab in advance (i.e. if they do railway station pick ups)...thanks a lot for your reply....gave a good idea of what to expect :-)

hyderabad
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

You can also try Skycabs, which is another radio cab service. www.skycabs.in

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

okay dats good too...thanks!

hyderabad
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

You welcome anytime....Moreover if you need any cheaper options which are cheaper than these branded radio taxis and a tad expensive than autos you have....

Green Cabs

Orange Cabs

Megha Cabs

Etc etc....

Do let me know if you need i can provide you the contact details of those as well.

Cheers,

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
63 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

Priyanka,

Radio Cabs really dont take booking ex-Station..... and by virtue if your train is delayed you will shell lot of money for the waiting meter.........

Go for a Auto................. or get at Hyderabad or Secunderabad and take a prepaid taxi....

7. Re: Begumpet Station to Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 25, 2013