We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Dallas
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Hello,

We recently had a company dinner with our friends from India who came over from Delhi on a short visit and had an honor to eat Hyderabad biryani in a local Indian restaurant. I was AMAZED by the the taste and the preparation.

Luckily, I am going to Hyderabad for 15 fays on a business trip and would like to know which are the BEST places to eat Hyderabad biryani (both veg & non-veg)? While in Hyderabad, what other dishes shall I taste?

Our friends suggested a few places in Delhi as well where I will be after my visit to Hyderabad & Mumbai BUT I will prefer to eat in authentic hydrabadi restaurant in Hyderabad itself.

Thanks a LOT.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Hi

Paradise is a well known place. The Pan shops outside paradise are a good option for a huge variety of pan . . .

regards

Rajan

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Hyderabad House, Bawarchi (RTC Cross Roads) are currently the popular ones. Previous Paradise, Madina and even Alpha Hotel (Opposite Secunderabad Railway Station) were popular earlier.

But one thing I can definitely mention that considering the large volumes they prepare and the spices they add dont exactly get mixed overall so the taste differs slightly even if you do purchase from the same place.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,933 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

I have tested biriyani from both Hyderabad House and Paradise. Later have more variety than Hyd House, but my taste bud says Hyd House is superior. Paradise is a bit spicy.

Please excuse my DE friends, its my personal opinion.... after all its a matter of TASTE.

AshisRoy

Edited: 1:58 am, November 28, 2011
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Mrajank, Ashisda and Ratnaprasad,

I had Biryani in Shadab and also at some other place in charminar area. I also heard a lot about Hyderabadi Biryani. But what they gave me was something I could not enjoy at all.

At both the places, when I ordered Biryani, they gave me rice and curry with meat pieces separately and they were to be mixed like dal rice and eaten.

Is this the normal Biryani you get or I was served some wrong dish. If not please guide me so during my next visit to the city I can correct myself and ask for correct dish.

In Mumbai you get Biryani with great taste at "Delhi Darbar near Metro Cinema (not one in Colaba, the brothers seem to have separated now)

Even I like their mutton cutlet and kebabs too.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,933 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

sanjivmulye

It's your sheer bad luck that you were served something else as biriyani. Make no mistake next time, ask the driver to drop you either Hyderabad House (not the outlet near airport*) or Paradise (not the outlet near Hotel Golkonda*), choose carefully from their l..o..n..g menu and enjoy the taste of Hyderabadi biriyani.

*these are take away counters.

AshisRoy

Edited: 2:57 am, November 28, 2011
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Thanks Ashisda,

I will be careful in ordering next time and for any clarification discuss it with hotel staff before I finalize my order..

Hyderabad, Andhra...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

The best place u can have veg and non veg Hyderabadi biriyani. This place is the place u can have the best Hyderabadi biriyani

Dallas
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

Finally, we went to Paradise in Hitec city. We ordered Chicken 65 along with Chicken Biryani. I VERY much liked the "Chicken 65". However, I did not like the biryani as much as I liked "Chicken 65" -the chicken in the biryani was too dry and some portion of the rice tasted too spicy and/or salty. It was spicy because it was not mixed evenly (Could be my fault - was I supposed to mix it ? - I do not know ).

Any way............Will try some other place next year.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

VicTexas:

Read my post above, i had exactly mentioned the same point, irrespective which place you eat, this is a common things, thats the reason i dont recommend any specific point, either its Hyderabad Biryani House or Bawarchi or Paradise these things are common. Iam pasting my previous post text again.

"But one thing I can definitely mention that considering the large volumes they prepare and the spices they add dont exactly get mixed overall so the taste differs slightly even if you do purchase from the same place."

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best places to eat Hydrabadi Biryani

No doubt Paradise is the best place for Biryani...(only non veg) anyone who doesn' t prefer spicy can order for "kam masala" means less spicy and you can enjoy better.

You can visit Basil in Banjarahills for authentic veg biryani

4 seasons at tolichowki is another great place for biryani and kebabs. based on the selected kebabs they are so delicious and juicy that they just melt in your mouth and you would be longing for more...

oh no! I started feeling hungry now...