We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good restaraunts in Hyderabad to eat good food must be air...

paramus
1 post
1 review
good restaraunts in Hyderabad to eat good food must be air...

Dear To Whom iT may Concern,

Good evening I and my parents are going to visit Hyderabad,India November 2005. I would like to know where the chutneys restaraunt is located and also would like to know which is the better hotel choice I donot want to stay in Fancy hotels such as Sheraton to expensive or Taj Banjara, Viceroy or Tulip Manohar.

Is the better choice Quality Inn or Park Hotel.

As long hotel clean and under $100.

I am there to meet somebody to hopefully marry as well. This person lives in Secundrebad. I would like to know if Quality Inn or Park Inn is closer to this person.

I also want to know where I can get some western clothes to buy and stitch please recommend a good person for sewing Western clothes

I also want to buy some South INDIAN pickles where to buy

I want to buy Gongura where to buy. I and my parents want to buy plenty

I also want to know where the Giant Supermarket in Hyderabad is.

I and my parents plan to sty in Hyderabad for 3 weeks.

Sincerely

Ratnam

San Jose
2 posts
1. Re: good restaraunts in Hyderabad to eat good food must be air...

Check this two websites, you will get lot of info.

www.hyderabad-hotels-guide.com/index.html

http://www.fullhyderabad.com/home.html

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
409 posts
2. Re: good restaraunts in Hyderabad to eat good food must be air...

Chutneys is the best!! I think it is in Secunderabad, but I think it's famous enough that any auto or driver or hotel concierge will be able to tell you its exact location.

Another cute restaurant is the Silver Metro...it's designed like the inside of a subway car (sorry, can't remember its exact location...it's in an arcade building with other restaurants in it). Has a good range of dishes. Also, Paradise Persis on the corner of MG and SD Roads is good traditional hyderabadi fare.

The Park is a good hotel and it's close to where your potential fiancee lives.

Not sure about the tailor/clothes, but you can try Kalanjali for readymade clothes. The men's shirts with block print, etc, are really nice.

When you say gongura, are you talking about gongura pickle? I LOVE that stuff with a nice bowl of upma....my favorite brand is Priya, and I buy the one without the garlic. You can find it at any supermarket such as FabMall, etc.

Are you interested in buying some pudi? I would recommend going to a store called Vellanki in Ameerpet. It's at the Ameerpet Crosing. Absolutely great pudi. Oh, and while you're there, could you pick up some for me? I've run out.... :-(

India - Hyderabad
1 post
3. Re: good restaraunts in Hyderabad to eat good food must be air...

Hi

I now live in Hyderabad and let me help you out with a few of your questions. I hope this information is helpful.

Chutneys is very famous and located in Hyderabad. I believe it is on Road number 2 and ALL of the drivers will know where that is. There are some other great resaurtant that you mght like to try. Mainland China is very good off of Road Number 1 Banjara Hills. Ohris Banjara off Road Number 12 is a great place to go late night for ice cream. They also have an India and Chinese place that I find to be excellent.

The Taj Krishna has a great Sunday Brunch that is reasonable and has an excelent variety. If you want some Arabic food along with Indian and other types of foods, Fusion 9 is also very good. If you need any others, just let me know.

There are really two big shopping mall in Hyderabad worth going. Big Bizarre ( shopping area with supermarket) in Abids and Lifestyles. Again, Very popular and all the taxis will know how to get there. Be patient because these place get packed with people, especially Lifestyles. Peronally I will not go there any longer because it is uncomfortably busy. and takes too long to pay for your items.

If youa re looking for some creature comforts, QMART is the best for more US foods and toiletries.

Finding a hotel under $100 should not be a problem. There are some very good ones in the area tha you are going. Make sure you check rates because they can vary considerably depending on who is asking. I wish i could be more helpful in this area, but i am a corporate traveller, so i always get different rates.

I hope this is helpful. I wish your parents a safe journey.