We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 weeks in Hyderabad

Which Hyderabad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
6 weeks in Hyderabad

Hello everyone........I am leaving this Friday, March 30 for 6 weeks in Hyderabad on business. It will be my first time in India and I am so excited to see the country (or as much of it as I can in the short time I will be there). I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for weekend excursions. I will be working during week, but will try to get on the weekends as much as possible. I'm thinking that I may check out Goa, and would like to go see the Taj Majal.

Other than that, I don't have any other plans yet. Does anyone have suggestions on where to go, and the best way to go about getting to Goa and Taj Majal.

Thanks!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 weeks in Hyderabad

Both Goa and the Taj will require you to fly.

Goa has an airport. Several airlines fly to Goa. Once you get to Hyderabad, find a local travel agent who will help you find cheap tickets.

For the Taj, fly to Delhi Friday night. Spend Saturday sightseeing in Delhi. Take a train to Agra Saturday night (2 and a half hours). See the Taj Mahal early Sunday morning before the crowds come in. Return to Delhi by road (4 hours) and fly out Sunday late evening to Hyderabad.

- Deepa

2. Re: 6 weeks in Hyderabad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, August 28, 2009