We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in Hyderabad and Kerala restaurants in Hyderabad

Which Hyderabad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
237 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Food in Hyderabad and Kerala restaurants in Hyderabad

Hello

I there any Kerala restaurants or fast food places where you can get Kerala Food in Hyderabad? I appreciate your help.

I heard that food (eat out in a decent place where you don't get stomach problem for a tourist) is really expensive in Hyderabad. Is that true? I appreciate your help.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food in Hyderabad and Kerala restaurants in Hyderabad

Matt,

While I don't know about the Kerala food in Hyderabad, I can comment on the regular food you can expect to find. As for price, if you eat in your hotel (4 or 5 star), expect to pay at least $15 - $20 US per plate. While the food at the Taj Krishna hotel was really good, we went out and explored other places to eat during my 4 week stay.

A couple of good places to eat are Ohri's and Fusion 9 in the Banjara Hills area. You'll also want to eat the Hyderabad special dish Bryanni, a slow cooked rice dish with lamb and spices. I really liked it, along with Nan bread and other lamb dishes. We also found a Subway near Hi-Tek city that we ate at every day for lunch. We never had problems with Subway and enjoyed the fresh lettuce, tomato, etc.

Although there are a bunch of chain Pizza places in Hyderabad(Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc) we found that the pizza had MSG and some other things in it which made going to the bathroom a 2-3 days "un-frequent" ordeal... We stopped eating Pizza for lunch and the bathroom visits became normal again : )

Best of luck with your visit. I'm sure you will enjoy the city, the people, and the overall Indian culture.

-TG

2. Re: Food in Hyderabad and Kerala restaurants in Hyderabad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 28, 2009