We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving i Georgia - from tbilisi to batumi via Akhaltsike

Denmark
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Driving i Georgia - from tbilisi to batumi via Akhaltsike

We are planning to go from Tbilisi to Batumi in a rental car or 4w drive in june. Our thought was to go via Khashuri and Akhaltsike by A306 to Batumi. Can anyone say anything about road conditions here. Will it be nessecary to rent a jeep or 4wd? Any other advise for this route or things to see would be very welcome.

Dolphinarium
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Batumi Boulevard
Historic Walking Areas, Gardens
Monument Ali and Nino
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Borjomi, Borjomis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving i Georgia - from tbilisi to batumi via Akhaltsike

Hello

I drived this road last Aug.and the road was in a bad condition.I'll recomend to rent 4wd car(for Jun),also you can rent a car in Borjomi and make shorter your way.here is the pic of this road(in August)

www.facebook.com/photo.php…

on the way there are so many places to visit, that it's just impossible to remember all of them (at this moment)

good luck.

2. Re: Driving i Georgia - from tbilisi to batumi via Akhaltsike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, June 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Batumi