We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

Which Kololi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orpington
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned

We've just got back from one of our best holidays ever.

To sum up:

Hotel: Kairaba Beach - good food, lovely grounds and accommodation, great staff.

Weather: unbelievable - sunshine every day, hot but with a cooling breeze (hotter away from the sea on our trips).

Bumsters: - no problem; just smile and walk on. Much less hassle than any other 3rd world country I've visited.

Restaurants: Good - not much between the ones we went to (African Queen, Jo-Jo's, Green Mamba and Lebanese place next to Green Mamba). African Queen just about edged it on food. Liked the atmosphere and music at Jo-Jo's.

Trips: as stated elsewhere, Arch Tours are just brilliant. 'Kunta Kinte' trip was very good. '4-in-one' was fantastic.

Thanks to everyone who posted advice on this forum. It really helped to make our trip a success.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned

Glad to hear you had a good one.

<<<... and Lebanese place next to Green Mamba...>>> That will be the Al-Rawshe, it's on my list of favs too.

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned

Thanks Alan P!!

I too am glad to hear that you enjoyed it!! I'm so glad that you came back and told us all about it!!

So tell me would you ever go back? Just asking because I am interested!!

Best wishes

Breeze

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned

Nice one Alan. I sense a theme. Do some research, ask questions and go prepared = enjoyable holiday. No research, unprepared = may not enjoy it.

This site does work.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned

well done you for asking questions first, makes the holiday so much better,

you will be going back then??

Orpington
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned

Thanks, everyone.

You're absolutely right. Researching this site really helped to make our holiday special. Would we go back? Just try to stop us!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned

Hi

Nice post Alan

Glad you enjoyed yourselves and got out and about .... looking forward to your post of your next flight times lol

7. Re: Just returned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kololi
Recent Conversations