We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Hi,

We are planning to travel to Fiji in July 2013 and are in the process of looking at resorts. Have narrowed it down to two - but favour Wananavu. My only concern is the trip from Nadi. After the flight from Melbourne, there's a 2-3 hour bus trip. I know it's all part of the adventure, but am mindful of my 73 year old mother. Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

Many thanks in advance,

Sonia

5 replies to this topic
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Contact Wananavu they may have other options. If you are considering the local buses then it will be a longish trip.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Definitely recommend you hire a taxi - your resort should be able to organise one for you, they probably have a local one they use frequently. I did the bus trip both ways, it is often very crowded (3 to a seat), old style bench seats,

while I enjoyed the experience it was certainly not comfortable. Even if your mother is very fit, its a long 3 hours. The advantage of a taxi is that you can also stop on the way for refreshments (local style only) or to look at a view.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Hi Sonni - when we stayed last year - Wananavu had a private transfer pick us up from the airport and return us to Nadi at the end of our stay. You can ask the driver to stop along the way to pick up any snacks or refreshments. We wanted to get some lunch but the other people with us didn't so we settled on a packet of chips and a drink but were able to fully enjoy the excellent dinner waiting for us on arrival at Wananavu. The drive is long but extremely interesting and quite slow due to the condition of the roads. Highly recommend the waterfall tour while you are there :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Thank you for the replies thus far. I know there is a private transfer to/from the resort and airport.

Can't wait to get there!

New South Wales...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Wananavu from Nadi

Hi there Sonni,

Did you end up going to Wananavu from Nadi with your Mother? I have a bad back and I wondered if you can remember what the trip was like? How long did it take to get to Wananavu beach resort from Nadi airport? And did Wananavu beach resort send a bus or a car? How bad were the roads? And could you stop along the way?

Thanks very much

C

Edited: 8:24 am, August 27, 2016
Reply to: Getting to Wananavu from Nadi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted