We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matangi Island Resort

Kimberley BC
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Matangi Island Resort

Hi all,I'm hoping some body can point me in the right direction!

My wife and I are coming up on our 25th ann.We've always wanted to go to the South Pacific but have never been outside of Canada.

I have narrowed it down to 2 places.Castaway Isl. or Matangi Isl.

I am looking for more of a romantic private setting yet still be able to do all of the activities that Fiji has to offer.Does anyone know which of these places would suit us better?From what I've read they seem to be about the same but have heard Castaway is not so much romantic?Any info on either place is much appreciated!

Thanks Dev.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Matangi Island Resort

Hey Rider,

I don't know if she is still on these boards, but I got a great stamp of approval for Matangi from Nikkicolo(Anita). She sent me a link to pics from the island and it sold me. I believe Katt on this board has been there as well and gave great insight on it as well. If you do a search of matangi posts, you will find either my handle, nikkicolo, or Katt for more info.

Kimberley BC
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Matangi Island Resort

Thanks Woody,we have decided on Matangi! I appreciate the info.Please see new post 'Matangi Bures?'

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum! all this stuff is a little new to me, as is travelling!I'm just happy there is places like this to get a feel for what a place is like...Thanks..Dev

3. Re: Matangi Island Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island