We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing which Resort?

MC
Level Contributor
382 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing which Resort?

I am hesitant; Which one to choose and why?

1. Matangi

2. Qamea

3. Moody's Namena

4. Royal Davui

PS: Snorkeling is very important to me.

Thank you

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing which Resort?

We are returning to Matangi in late February. We go for the following reasons:

1. The snorkeling. It is most important that we be able to snorkel off the beach in front of our bure. There is some seagrass close to shore, it only takes a few minutes to get past. Once you do the snorkeling is simply amazing with fish, giant clams, blue starfish, and soft and hard coral to see. Two snorkeling tours a day are availabe at an additional charge.

2. All meals are included in the price. Guests dine at their own table with the option of pushing them together should you chose to eat with other guests.

3. Daily laundry service is at no charge. Your clothes are picked up in the morning and dropped off the same evening neatly folded. Helps keep the packing down. Bathrobes and slippers are also provided for your use. Pure Fiji Products: shampoo, conditioner, and lotions are supplied in your bure.

4. The bures are separated by lush vegitation for privacy. You cannot see another one from yours.

5. Last, but not least the staff. They are exceptional and do everything they can to ensure you have have the vacation of a lifetime. You will be called by name from the moment you arrive and made to feel like family instead of guests.

The bures at Matangi are being remodeled and A/C has been installed. We can hardly wait to see them.

Don't hesitate to ask, if you have any quesions regarding Matangi. I am sure you will have an amazing time whichever resort you decide on.

MC
Level Contributor
382 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing which Resort?

I know there is an Internet connection accessible at a small charge.

How fast is it? I would like to use Skype, will it be fast enough? Do you have access the whole day or only certain hours?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing which Resort?

There is wireless broadband access in the dining room for 35 Fijian Dollars a week. It is accessible at any time. You should have no problems using skype. The resort is also on skype.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing which Resort?

Just sent you a private message.

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing which Resort?

Snorkeling is great at Namena and Qamea as well, though more accessible at Qamea. I have not snorkeled at Royal Davui, but the accommodations are generally nicer there than at any of the other 3 (though of a contemporary style and not very Fijian feeling). All four share most of the desirable qualities listed above. I’ve found the best cuisine to be at Royal Davui or Qamea, with Matangi a close second.

Overall I’d recommend either Qamea or Matangi, based on their location and the accessibility to a wider range of activities.

MC
Level Contributor
382 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing which Resort?

Thank you all for your help. I have my eyes set on Matangi!

Pitch

7. Re: Choosing which Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, May 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island