We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

pinecolorado
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

Hello,

First time visitor to Fiji coming up this month. Novice diver with questions.

Staying 6 days at Paradise Taveuni and days Mango Bay Sigatoka.

What ml wet suit is recmnd for this time of month?

Is equipment rental "safe" at these resorts?

I do not own my own BC & regulator. Last dive trip I took to Cozumel I rented equip in Denver and lugged around for 2 weeks. Not sure if worth it or not with luggage weight restrictions.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Kim

Pine Colorado

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

Bula Kim,

Both Paradise and Mango (dive operation is handled by DiveAway) have good rental equipment, so as long as you are renting anyway I'd do it there. I would recommend taking your own mask and fins if you have them. Water temps will probably be around 77-80. I usually wear a 3-5mm full suit, but occasionally just a 3mm shorty. I don't tend to be cold, so that might not be enough for some people. They do have wet suits in the rental stock at the resorts if you need them.

Lolomas - Scott

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

My husband and I are ones that tend to get cold in 80 degree water. We wore 5 mil full suits last September off Tavaeuni and were quite comfortable. Everybody's different!

As new divers make sure you keep a good log with water temps, and what you wear until you find your comfort zone.

Have a great trip!

New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

My husband and I dove in Taveuni in November 2007 and rented 3mm full wetsuits, which was very comfortable. We didn't stay at Paradise, but I don't think rental equipment quality shouldn't be a problem. Be sure to dive at the Great White Wall, it was amazing!!

pinecolorado
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

Thank you to all for suggestions!

I do own a 5 full suit, will end up bringing that (tend to get chilled)

I am getting pretty excited and reading these comments make me want to be there now!

Thanks again,

Kim

5. Re: Sept Honeymoon-scuba questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island