We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

Hi all.

Has anyone hired a taxi to get to Lavena from airport in Taveuni?

I was depending on using the bus to get to Lavena Lodge. I just found out that it is not running. Does anyone know the cost to hire a taxi to get to Lavena Lodge from Matei Point (airport)?

Is is possible to hire the taxi driver to come back at a certain time for a return? I fear that I will get into the National Park with no cell reception and I won't be able to contact anyone to get out!

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

I'm not sure of the current taxi rates, but the drivers are reliable to come back at a certain time to pick you up. I've had them return for me a number of times and was never disappointed.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

Hi fijidiveguy,

Thanks for responding. I actually just spent most of the month of August in Fiji and it was AWESOME. In Taveuni, we had the nicest taxi driver, Paul. He took us wherever we needed to go, whenever we needed him. I just told him what we desired to do and he arranged everything (he even made arrangements for us to do the Vidawa hike and get fresh bakery bread in the middle of nowhere). He is super-knowledgeable and he went out of his way to make sure that we saw all the important stuff on the island. Paul became our friend; He played such an important role that affected our whole trip. I actually cried when we left! I highly recommend him to all who travel to Taveuni. Just ask anyone at the airport to call him). You'll be happy you did! Tell him Andrew and Julie miss him!

Julie

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

Bula Julie,

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience in Taveuni! Sorry I didn't see your question to answer until it was too late. Fiji is an amazing place, though. It's nice that you can visit a place and have had such a big impact by a chance encounter with one of the locals. That's one of the reasons that keeps drawing me back.

Moce Mada, Scott

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

Julie,

Just sent you a private message.

5. Re: Bus/Taxi in Taveuni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island