We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu (Vanua Levu)

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu (Vanua Levu)

Has anyone taken a ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu as of late? I've been trying to track down some type of schedule because all of the travel books are outdated. I emailed (3 times) to 3 different companies and never got a response. I even called Grace Shipping, but the voice on the other end of the phone didn't seem to understand me (her intentions were good though).

All the companies used to travel on Saturdays, but now I heard they travel on Sundays.

Also, can anyone recommend a clean, safe place to stay overnight within walking distance of the ferry?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Julie

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu (Vanua Levu)

Hi, I don't know if you still need the info but the 2 companies that do this are Consort Shipping (+679 3313344)and Blighwater Shipping (+679 331 8247).

I haven't done the journey but am looking to do it next month. If you've done it in the time since you wrote your message, perhaps you can advise how it was, and who you used?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu (Vanua Levu)

Hi there! yes, I've already journeyed to Fiji and I wish I could still be there! I do have some info that might help you because it was extremely hard to contact the shipping companies.

Grace Shipping departs Taveuni 9 am everyday except Tuesday and Saturday, fare is listed as F$25.00 (I was charged F$20) per person inclusive of bus fare from Buca Bay to Savusavu. It's an hour boat ride across the bay and then, it's about a 2-hour bus ride to Savusavu that is VERY, VERY bumpy. I actually thought it was pretty fun because the bus would stop at different points in the middle of no where and people would sell their baked goods. At one point, these ladies boarded the bus to sell their trays of delicious lemon custard pies. Tough trip, but unforgettable. The bus ride ends right in the middle of town.

Bligh Water Shipping departs Taveuni on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at around midday and the fare is Economy $55 per person. This ferry stops at the main Savusavu wharf.

This is the most up-to-date info. I just returned from Fiji at the very end of August. If you have any other questions or if you would like to see pictures, please send me a private message and I will be happy to help!

Good luck in your planning!

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu (Vanua Levu)

Hi

Does any one have the times of the ferry the other way, from Savusavu to Taveuni?

Would it be possible to travel from Labasa to Tavenui in a day (Sunday)?

Thanks for any update.

John

4. Re: Ferry from Taveuni to Savusavu (Vanua Levu)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island