We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

Vienna, Austria
3 posts
Save Topic
israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

Hey,

I can't seem to find out if the israeli exit tax is just waived when staying in the hilton or if that also works with a mövenpick reservation?

thanks in advance

Berenike

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

No tax when staying any of the three hotels at Taba, that includes Movenpick, but you need to show an official reservation.

Mentioned in this post
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

The reason that one avoids the tax is that the kiosk that collects the tax is located just under 1 km from the border, i.e. after the Hilton/Nelson Village, Movenpick and Sands Hotels. Therefore, if one stays in that small area, one can avoid the tax. Worth looking at Sands. They do not have a beach but it has been well kept and looked after.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

So if I leave the hotel and go for a trip, I’ll pay the tax?

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

Swisscare, the post is about Israeli tax not Egyptian tax. W.D.B. if you arrive to Egypt, Sharm or Cario and cross to Israel then you pay the Israeli tax on returning to Taba. Exempt from tax for those people arriving from Israel and staying at the three hotels in Taba.

Egyptian tax is only paid if you go down the Sinai from Israel, if you arrive to Egypt and do not cross to Israel then you do not pay the Egyptian tax.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

Ah, Bluesman, I wrongly assumed that the OP was referring to the Egyptian Taba Tax.

How do the Israeli authorities know who is staying at one of those three hotels ? Seems odd. Surely someone could make a reservation at one of the hotels and then stay elsewhere ?

Mentioned in this post
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

That was what I was asking for. What if I make reservation in one of the three hotels in Taba and then go to e.g. Nuweiba? To Egypt and back again starting from Israel, I mean.

Mentioned in this post
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Nuweiba
Nuweiba
South Sinai, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

What if we are staying in Movenpick (we paid the tax already, but were told we can get it returned if we show check out papers), but want to go for day trip to Saint Catherine (coming back the same day). Does that mean we won't get the tax back?

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

A very good question - how would the Israeli authorities know if you had been as far as St Catherine or not. Worth a try - and please let us know on the forum what happened.

9. Re: israeli exit tax waived just hilton or also mövenpick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 28, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Taba