We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

Visited Taba last year and we are hooked! However next year Thomson and First Choice have stopped all flights to Taba. Anyone know how we can get there? We live near Manchester. Thanks.

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

No flights from Manchester so 2 choices....Gatwick or fly to Sharm and transfer from there....Make sure it's not Thomson/Last Choice though..

Dave

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

Last year Thomson took the Manchester to Taba flights off for the Summer season and reinstated them in for the Winter season starting in October 2012 through to April 2013 - I am living in hope that the flights are back on again for Winter 2013/2014.

If not I will fly to Sharm and transfer up...

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

Thanks for the replies. Who flies out to Sharm? Is it easy enough to arrange transfers? Would this mean booking with the hotel direct? The hotel would be the Sofitel.

Edited: 4:17 am, April 28, 2013
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

Egyptair start flights from MAN -CAi in June, so worth considering if you are prepared to do a 'two legged' flight with a change in CAi for a flight to SHARM. At least you would be traveling with a scheduled carrier, with more seat space etc.

The transfer Sharm -Taba is not a problem - easily arranged either your UK tour operator, or by the hotel itself.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

Thank you!

Orsett, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

I was looking at this the other night and at the moment thomson etc are saying no flights from gatwick also to Taba.I know things often change as the seasons progress but I am wondering what will happen.....

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

I just put in a ficticious date and it came up np..flights from Gatwick...

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/fcsun/page/search/searchresults?sttrkr=mthyr:06/2013_durT:14/w_ls:false_tuidesc:001689_day:4_mps:9_isvid:false_dufp:0_pconfig:1|2|0|||/_tchd:0_rating:0_act:0_jsen:false_resc:4600_hffp:0_attrstr:||||||||null|null_mdest:false_tinf:0_mnth:06_desc:438_bc:17_margindt:7_tadt:2_numr:1_atfp:0_spp:mainSearch_depm:7_tuiresc:003405_dur:14_dtx:0_df:false_dxsel:0_ratfp:0_dac:LGW_imgsel:0_loct:0_tsnr:0_bbfp:0_year:2013_dta:false_

Dave

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

just copy and paste...seems they are operating a summer schedule still...

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

Thanks Dave. However we were looking at 2014 and as from April 2014 even the Gatwick flight is unavailable.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do we get to Taba now? No flights!

we're flying out to taba in november from gatwick, with thomson ..... but probably doesn't help you much, seeing as you're in the north west .....

Get answers to your questions about Taba