We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel - Taba Heights

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel - Taba Heights

I'm just after some advice on hotel choices in Taba Heights....or even Taba - Hilton seems to get good reviews.

I'm travelling with Young children, so children's pools / entertainment are important.

I would also like Wifi.

No too fussed between Full board and AI as we're not big drinkers - but do enjoy good food. Thanks in advance!

London, UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel - Taba Heights

Food isnt' great in Taba. I've always enjoyed the Hyatt it has the best grounds, its spacious and simply and you don't feel that you are in a huge hotel and you never felt it was that busy, even in the days and at the time of year when it used to be. People I have spoken to with children are happy with the children's pool. If you need Wifi you can go round to the Sofitel. I can't really judge what it is like to stay at the other hotels - I have only ever stayed at the Hyatt and am off in late March for a week. However, being a nosy bod I have walked round the other hotels and to be honest they look like over large badly planned prison camps! I have heard generally good things about the Hilton, but that it does feel a little cramped, people seem to rave about the Sofitel but the people I met on the plane and sat next to both ways last time I went said it was pretty grim and they would not repeat that experience! Whatever you choose, I hope that you and your family have a marvellous time.

Himley, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel - Taba Heights

Hi,

Must admit we love the Sofitel, been twice and are booked again to go this year in August. From other posts, they do appear to have a large number of return guests but obviously it doesn't suit everyone.

We have teenagers so can't comment about the kids clubs but there is one and there is a kids pool.

We've always found the food to be good and plenty to choose from.

As the previous poster pointed out, there is free WiFi at the Sofitel, which is usable in the main bar, pool bar and rooms in block 3 (can't comment about the other blocks).

As the previous poster said, wherever you choose I hope that you have a great time.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel - Taba Heights

There is also free Wifi in Pub Tandoori which is run by the Hyatt. It is not actually on the hotel site (the wifi actually in the Hyatt is payable and expensive).

The Hyatt is my favourite hotel - regarding kids' clubs, they do have one there and there is a great kids pool. I can't comment about it though as I have never travelled there with small children. There is a lagoon and if you have a Lagoon Room you can walk straight out on to the lagoon beach which is very sheltered and a shallow edge means kids could play there if that's what they like to do.

They do have a kids' disco early evening on the terrace too.

4. Re: Which Hotel - Taba Heights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taba