We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

Hi wondering if anyone can give me some advice, My son has grown up and does not want to go away with me anymore. I visited Egypt before with him and loved it.

I dont really want to give up my yearly holiday so I am thinking of going on my own for a week to the above hotel. I have picked this one as I love snorkeling and wanted somewhere with a private beach and a reef.

Any advice before I book it would be great.

thanks

Steph

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

Hi, we went a couple of years ago to Sofitel in taba heights & it's was a fab holiday.

Great for snorkelling if you turn left from the beach up to long jetty. We got to see a turtle whilst we went there. Very unspoilt & hotel staff friendly & very welcoming. Def recommend.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

I travel alone for the same reason as you. I have been going to Taba for many years (though I go to the Hyatt which is next to the Sofitel and it is actually the Hyatt's reef and jetty that most people use for snorkelling).

I have never found it a problem as a woman travelling alone to this resort and this hotel. I've been to the Sofitel for occasional meals and to have a coffee and it is definitely "livelier" than the Hyatt since it is all inclusive and the Hyatt is half board.

I'm sure you will enjoy a holiday in Taba :)

Ormskirk
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

Hi Steph,

Go Girl and enjoy.

I have just come back after a two week holiday with Family and friends. There were one or two "singles" there that we met. Women in the same boat as yourself, and they had no problem at all.

I would recomment the you try and get a room in the 3000 block as it provides you with direct access fromn your room to the quiet pool and easy access to all the amenities.

As far as snorkelling is concerned, the best Jetty to go from is the Hyatt Jetty, but because of this it does tend to get a bit crowded.

Go and enjoy yourself...you'll have a Fab time.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

Thanks to everyone for replying and I am off to the travel agents in the morning. To book a week in July.

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

Try to manage 2 weeks...2 week will be half price...

Dave

6. Re: Sofitel Taba Heights lone traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taba