We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

Read a report today that Jordan and Egypt have agreed to reopen the ferry link between Taba and Aquaba after its closure 18 months ago.

The report on "Travel Daily Middle East" does not however say when the service will resume!!

Des

blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

It leaves Taba about 7am and comes back from Aqaba about 7.30pm - into Taba at 8ish. My hubby used it last week going over to Aqaba on the Tuesday and coming back on the Thursday. It was very handy and very easy to use but remember that you do have to buy your ticket in advance rather than on the day.

Aqaba, Jordan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

Due to the low season in January and February, the boat in not sailing every day. But expected is that April will be more busy again. Just check by then directly.

info@meenagate.com

Edited: 7:42 am, February 05, 2013
blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

Blimey! definitely check then as it was packed full last week going but quieter coming back from Jordan. It must just have been luck that it was running on the days my hubby needed to travel on the Tuesday and Thursday. Maybe that is why you have to buy your ticket in advance to determine numbers.

blackpool england
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

It has re opened, I had the pleasure of using the service in January, a return trip costs $100, payable in advance at the CBC Bank in El Wakela. The ferry leaves Taba Marina at 7am and goes to Aqaba Marina which is some 15 Km outside Aqaba. The return trip to taba leaves at 8. Jordanian border taxes are payable on the return journey. I think I paid £10 or so. I believe there is a bus shuttle service from the Marina complex to the city, if not, it should be possible to ask someone to call you a cab.

You can find the ferry operators on the internet. The operators are Sindbadjo. I suggest that you check the website & make a reservation online. You will have to take a trip to El Wakela to pay for the trip once you are in Taba.

The ferry is fast, modern and comfortable, they journey time is about an hour. In my opinion it is a much better way of getting to Jordan than the overland route through Eilat.

Weimar, Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

How long is the ride between Taba and Aqaba?

I will stay in Taba Heights Intercontinental Hotel for 2 weeks want to do a day trip to Aqaba and Wadi Rum...

How far is it from Taba Heights to the Taba Marina?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

The ferry takes about an hour and the Marina is adjacent to the Intercontinental Hotel - there is a free shuttle service to take you back and forth.

Weimar, Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

ok, thanks, sounds good. how much are the rates for a return ticket on the same day for 2 adults and one child (5 years)? anyone knows?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

Are we not talking about two different ferry's Ones the fast catamarran Babel run by Meenagate and sails bettween Taba heights marina and the Royal Yacht club Aqabba (Centre of Aqabba). It did cost $100 inc Jordan exit taxes return in Nov12 and Jan13 and needs to be booked prior to day of trip.. And this other operator or are they one and the same?

19. Re: Taba-Aquaba set to reopen!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taba