We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money should I take?!?

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How much money should I take?!?

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but How much money should we take? I'll be visiting the Hyatt in June with my girfriend staying half board. I've literally no idea how much money we should take. We're not big spenders and we're both t-total. Any help would be much appreciated.

London
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money should I take?!?

Essentially you can take as little as you want. All that is really needed is petty cash for tips, please tip well as your service will reflect what you tip. Everything else book to your room and pay by credit card when you leave. There is a bank on site and an ATM as well if you do need cash.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
50 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money should I take?!?

i agree with bigdav2 1 doller bills are good for tipping we left a couple each day for our room cleaner and they are good for tipping porters etc when handling luggage but you could managewithout cash if you have your credit card

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money should I take?!?

We stayed at the Hyatt (3 of us 2 adults one 9 year old) on 1/2 board. We took £150 in Egyptian pounds, but found it was not enough! not that we were extravagant on anything, but lunch for 2 with a soft drink is about £18.00, bottle water in hotel £1.40 (really worth going on free shuttle bus to 3 corners)much lower prices there. There are lots of ways your money gets eaten! The dine around scheme only gives you a percentage off meals. You can of course sign for most things, but we didn't want to do that (although we ended up doing so) we had an extra £50 in notes with us and ended up changing that at the in hotel bank. Rate was resonalble. We also ended up with a final credit card bill for $38. Hope this gives you some help.

Allvox

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money should I take?!?

So in total you only spent £220 english in a week? I was planning on taking around £400-600. Am I over-budgeting?!?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money should I take?!?

Hard to say as it's such an individual thing., however, we found we were so full from breakfast, we only had lunch twice, and one of those occasions was because we had been warned to eat something nice before we got to taba airport which is awfull!

if you want lots of massages or gym use, snorkelling or diving you will need more. if you go on trips you can put them on the credit card. we didn't scrimp but i think 220 per week would have been fine. that's what i would budget for next time. Your money goes further if you go to 3 corners to buy your soft drinks and water. we got a free coffee or tea every day as gold card members.

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much money should I take?!?

Cool, thanks for the advice. Can't wait for my holiday now. I'd put £500 away so I can probably live like a king for a week. I'll probably send my girlfriend to get a massage whilst I go quad-biking all day!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much money should I take?!?

great idea! The quad biking costs £50.00. If you get a gold card you get 25% off price of massage. have a fab time

sheffield,uk
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How much money should I take?!?

we took the equivalent of £500 for two weeks between me and my bloke and we only spent this for tipping,drinks and snacks at Waterworld and little gifts for friends and family..you should have plenty

Get answers to your questions about Taba