We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

durham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

I am told to go on the PRIVATE £25 quad bike session rather than the group one for £20.

Anybody got an opinion here? Also should I go at day or night? And should I book via hotel or on the beach? Thanks, I am flying out Sunday 4th Feb.

Beaconsfield...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

Hope someone can answer this question as my other half really wants to do this also........not for me though I will be spending most of my time below sea level :) Is Mrs WW up for it? I white knuckle the dash board in a car with my other half..... so no way is he getting me on the back of a quad bike!! Scuba Diva

durham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

My good ladys idea of a good time is by the pool sunbathing. She cannot even suffer her face under water. Regarding quad biking...well she may give it a bash it depends on how long it lasts though. She has a dodgy back so I do not want her suffering. I suffer enough with her ha ha. She would not get on the back of me on a quad bike either as my driving is bad enough. That is her assesment though.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,924 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

Hi,

I don't have any info re: private sessions but we (hubby & 2 sons, 21 & 18) have done both the sunset & daytime trips. We enjoyed both, very much; I'd not been on a quad before.

If you look in recent listings, you'll find a quad post by jaytee45, dated 22nd Jan. Click onto that, find me in it & read what I've said about the trips.

If there are any other questions, please get back to me.

Regards.

durham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

Great advice from listing mentioned Cheers

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,924 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

Hi again,

Mean to say that I too, have neck & back problems, necessitating visits to the osteopath every 5 or 6 weeks (legacies of horse riding!)

Yes, the quads do jiggle you about a bit, but I can't say that they exasebated my problems.

On the rougher bits, the trick is to hold back, then go a bit faster or "stand up in the saddle".

Hope you both decide to try.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,924 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

.....& buy a bedouin scarf at the supermarket before you go, to tie round your lower face - it's cheaper than buying one at the quad centres. They'll sell you goggles (about £4).

Wear old clothes as it's dusty, especially the sunset one & the desert is chilly after dark. We needed a light sweatshirt & jeans for the daytime one as it's breezy.

Enjoy.

durham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

Cheers for the great advice

8. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Quad Bikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh