We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genena city

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Genena city

Has anyone visited Genena City whilst staying in Sharm ?

Is it worth visiting and what is your opinion of it ? What type of shops are there and do you get hassled much ?

It looks good and wouldn't mind seeing the new King Tut museum even though we have seen the real thing in Cairo ... So any info on that would be appreciated too ??

Many thanks.

liverpool
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Genena city

visited NOV / DEC last year....only bin open 6 months...most of it is still empty but there were some nice shops there.....some sellin JEWELRY clothes souvenirs etc....some for food aswell....it shud b great when it's full but I can't see that being anytime soon.

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
841 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Genena city

I also visited last year. As already said a lot of shops still empty but some good ones located in there and a lovely little cafe type place serving ice cream, amazing cakes etc. Located right door to where we stay so really handy. We didn't get hassled whatsoever. We got quoted £16 each to look around the museum but just before we were going to hand over the money my 4 month old son started playing up so we decided to give it a miss until we return later this year. But would definitely like to look around. If it's anything like the one in cairo it will be very interesting :)

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Genena city

I believe the official rate for the museum is 50LE pp For tourist

Karen

King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
333 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Genena city

It's great our hotel is right next to it, we went into the museum in November and it's great you get a tour guide who talks to you about everything then let's you walk around and you can take photos which is good as you can't do this in Cairo museum . Not many shops were open in November but they don't hassle you

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Genena city

Thanks for your replies ....

I hope that by the time we go in the summer more shops will be open in there.. Wouldn't mind having a look around.

It's good that you can take photos in the tut museum.

Is it easily walkable from naama bay or is it on its own ?

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
841 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Genena city

It's definitely easily walkable from Naama bay. The long road that leads from opposite KFC and go past the fun park then sharm holiday resort (where I stay) then round the corner then there it is. I would say its 15-20 minutes walk maximum

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Genena city

Oh that's good to know ... May definitely have to pay it a visit .... Thanks for your help !!

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
841 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Genena city

No problem :-)

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
75 reviews
9. Re: Genena city

You can walk up the steps in Genena City from Naama.

you will find the steps in front of the bowling ally

No need to walk all the way round.

follow the road from KFC, bowling ally is just before the road check point on right, steps on your left

Karen

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
841 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Genena city

Ahh yes sorry I forgot about that way! We couldn't get up because had a heavy pushchair! But yes that's right :-)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh