We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Been looking at the Camel website, is it my imagination or has the happy hour prices shot up?

I am sure last year it was 12le a bottle and they had quite a lot of different drink offers. Anyone been there lately?

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Thats the Camel for you,gone from a good homely bar with peanut shells on the floor and full of the salt of the earth locals to some sort of poncey tourist cocktail bar.Thats progress for you.

leeds
Level Contributor
152 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Yes camel bar very dear for a sakara not happy hour. Tavern 28le for a bottle. Foods not that cracking but beers cheap lol

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

I remember the Camel years ago with the nuts on the floor etc and yes I know its progress, but last year happy hour was actually 15 le a bottle and I note this year its advertised at 22le which seems a big jump. Shame really. So where then is the best value in Naama Bay with atmosphere ( oh and Rugby!) ?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Bear in mind though that there was earlier this year a big hike in tax on alcohol and also the producers have put up their prices. Officially inflation is around 11 % per annum - but in reality it is much much more !

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

For rugby,the Tavern.I will never forget getting in there real early to watch England beat Australia in the final in 03, just a few weeks after it had opened.A strange experience, emerging from near pitch black, into the bright sun,bladdered,in the early afternoon.What a day.

Askam in Furness...
Level Contributor
258 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

We go to Phaorohs Café further down from Camel Bar just in front of Mcdonalds.

Don't know if they show rugby, but they had England football on last week.

Great atmosphere and because it is on street level you can people watch!

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Mr Small I as in the Tavern that day and I do not remember leaving. It must have been a great day

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Oh yes,It truly was! I remember the only Aussies in there where these 2 girls sitting right down the front who where really giving it large because they thought they where going to win,boy,did they take some stick when that last drop goal went over.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Have seen some good matches in the Pirates Bar in the Hilton Naama Bay & one match they had a large screen set up on the grass,great atmosphere. Cosy bar good food & happy hours ,don`t remember beer price. I prefer it to The Tavern.

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camel Bar Beer Prices - Gone up?

Pirates bar used to have a great happy hour as well,but it used to be quiet early.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh