We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Mosquito Repellent?

Scotland
Level Contributor
72 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best Mosquito Repellent?

Hi all, travelling to Egypt (Holiday Village in Sharm El Sheikh) for the first time with my partner and 8 year old son. Concerned about the mosquitoes as my son gets eaten alive in the UK never mind abroad!!

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated :-)

Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
305 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

Hi, I used OFF, bought it from hotel chemist and was the best product I have ever used. Going back in July and will be buying same again:)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

i agree with above post, OFF is great ,available in most shops

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,221 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

Link to the Top Q, over on the right, re: mozzies:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c95846/Shar…

There is also a lot of general info in the Tips thread, at the top of the forum:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

Regards

surrey
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

Boots repel plus gel 50% deet is excellent I also get eaten alive and this works for me also as its a gel you dont get aerosol fumes that choke you when applying it.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

In Sharm buy OFF, but I'd also advise buying a spray/bottle airside at Boots, then have a spray before disembarking the aircraft.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

Hi, we use Boots aftersun with insect repellent and also dry oil spray from Avon, the green one has citronella in it. You could also try a plug in for the rooms.

Level Contributor
496 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

Yep, OFF!! The best. Careful on kids though, you can get family one. Get sachets for plane before getting off the plane (pardon the pun) !!

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

OFF is very effective but use with care on kids due to its DEET content.

england
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

We also use something in the room taking a plug in repellent which we buy in the UK and keep on all the time - the little so and so's seem to hide up in the day then as soon as you get into bed you can hear them buzzing, by the way the buzzing ones dont bite but if there is a buzzing one (the male) there is normally a couple of females around - the biting ones. Get one of those afterbite pens and take some cream to apply after you have been bitten. Have to say have tried just about everything - including the eating vitamin B before the holiday nothing works as good as OFF but as said not good for children, check out the internet there are a lot of good articles about the subject from medical and customer perspectives.

Essex
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Mosquito Repellent?

Igcognito is supposed to be very good. It's all natural so safe for kids and adults. Available from holland and barret in the UK.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh