We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Sharm like at the moment

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
19 posts
461 reviews
What is Sharm like at the moment

Its been a couple of years since we went to Sharm El Sheikh (Sharks Bay) Thinking of returning this year but with all the trouble want to find out how it is out there if you have just returned. Did you feel safe. Thanks in advance

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
234 reviews
1. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

We're recently back Karen although it seems a lifetime away, security has been heightened around Sharm. There are a few more road blocks, what you may notice more in comparison with your previous visit is how quiet the resort has become.

A few forum members have arrived back this week (NaNa, Steve), so they will be able to give you the heads up up to date.

Think you'll be booking to return ;-)

Cupar, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

A bit extra security along the main road but never made us feel unsafe. We just came back last night and would go back tomorrow again if I could afford if. Hope you have a nice holiday if you decide to go

Edited: 5:13 pm, April 08, 2014
surrey
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

Came back last sat booked again for 31st may no problems can't wait to go back

england
Level Contributor
446 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

Came back Monday after a 12 day stay and had a wonderful holiday with no safety concerns at all whilst we were there.

Yes we did have questions before we went and we were very worried but once in Sharm we felt very safe .

There is extra security and we also would go back tomorrow if we could .

5. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:08 am, July 20, 2014
UK
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

I'm here now. I haven't been here for 10 years so things are different anyway. I wouldn't know if there was 'extra' security as I don't remember what it was like before.

When you say 'all the trouble', I'm not sure what you're referring to but i feel perfectly safe here. I'm not doing any trips out but other than diving and flying to Cairo I think my company has cancelled most others anyway.

So, I'm sure it's been said before but you're probably safer here than out in London.

UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
7. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

got back yesterday no probs with security and weather was between 28c and 37c nightime also warm with no need for jacket

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
982 posts
238 reviews
8. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

Did you go out of the hotel much? Did you visit naama? Just wondering how much it has impacted and are the hotels quieter because of it all. Really want to go next month ive been twice before but i like trips and visiting naama bay would people still recommend this?

UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
9. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

used sharm club for trips and would give them 10 out of 10 for service went on the pirate boat trip to tiran island a great day out also rhino bike better than quads also used them for airport transfer £16 return would also recomend aqua blue aqua park and if you want the best massage 150ep then go to reef beach last time i was in sharm it was before all the trouble this time its a lot quieter but very safe hope this helps ray

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
939 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: What is Sharm like at the moment

We came back from Naama a few weeks ago. It's quieter than normal but still felt safe. We went out a few evenings for meals and drinks, no problems.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh