We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

allergies and repellants

Castell-nedd, null...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
allergies and repellants

Hi my 6 yr old son has severe nut allergy including peanuts. Was wondering what I need to take with me to cover us on plane with his medicines and epipens? Doctors paper?

Also my eldest (12) reacts badly to horsefly bites and will be prescribed antibiotics just incase. Are there any tips on good insect repellant?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: allergies and repellants

Louise, you need to notify the airline you are travelling with of your son's nut allergy, I would call them if I were you and explain the situation, when we fly the cabin crew inform passengers that no nuts will be served or should be eaten due to a passenger with a nut allergy on board the plane, but they can only do this if you inform them first, and also ask about his medicines and epipens, I imagine there will be no problem taking these things in your hand luggage and would be surprised if you need a doctors note in order to do this.

Castell-nedd, null...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: allergies and repellants

Ok thanks for the advice I will ring them in the morning. Our holiday isnt until june but im trying to get things in order. Wondered also do we need visas if we are not leaving sharm? Do the children need them too?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: allergies and repellants

You do not need visas if you are not leaving Sharm, however, when you arrive at the airport staff will try to guide you towards the desks where visas are bought, do not go there, just go straight for baggage reclaim/ passport control, ask other passengers if you are confused because if several flights arrive at once it is chaotic in arrivals.

Castell-nedd, null...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: allergies and repellants

Brilliant thank you,

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: allergies and repellants

Hi,

A lot of the FAQ & routine questions will be answered in these links below:

Link to the Tips & General Advice “Sticky” thread at the top of the forum (with a little orange pin icon at its side), above all other topics. The thread is now in alphabetical subject order for clarity.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

Please also see the Top Questions on Sharm El Sheikh, down the right side of the main forum page, written in blue.

Regards

6. Re: allergies and repellants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh