We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Hilton Sharks Bay

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Hilton Sharks Bay

Hi! We have just booked to go to The Hilton at sharks Bay. We have opted for the "deluxe side" which we understand is the new part furthest away from the sea.

Having looked on YouTube, it looks the rooms on one side of the pool bathes in sunshine all day and the other is in shade.

Could anyone please share their experiences with us and perhaps even suggest the side to stay at as we would much prefer a balcony with the sun on all day?

Thanks in anticipation of your help. Mark & Jayne.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

I stayed on the new side, the sun is on both sides of the pool, really hot when we went in Sept / Oct.....I didn't notice the sun being on one side more than the other.

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Hi MarkHKilburn

Godd choice in my opinion, I will be going back for another 10 days end of March.

Your right about sun on new side, but then so is nablocks ughtybutnice. The sun is on the pool all day, however, block 7000 to 9000 do tend to have shade in the morning, whereas blocks 2000 to 4000 jave sun on the terrace in the mornings.

Hope this helps, enjoy

NaNa

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Thanks to you both. So, just to clarify, if we want sun on our terrace/balcony in the afternoon/evening, we want to be booking blocks 7000 - 9000?

Thanks again.

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Have stayed here many many times and no room will have balcony sun all day due to the nature of the building. It's built around the pool so rooms getting sunny balconies in the morning will be in shade in the afternoon and vice versa. However, it is definitely possible to get a sunny spot by the humongous pool during daylight hours.

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Yes your right MarkHKilburn, I still have the map of the hotel from last year and checcked the rooms numbers prior to posting.

NaNa

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Thank you everyone. And thank you Nana.

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Why sit in the sun by your room ? you need to be by the massive pool and get the sun all day

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

HI - the part you have booked is by far the better part of the hotel. I wouldn't worry about your room being in shade as there is lots of space outside your room to find a lounger and you won't be disturbed by others. Enjoy - we have twice!

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

Thanks again to everyone. The reason we asked the question is that we dive a lot and when we stay in a hotel we enjoy just an hour sitting on our balcony in the sun before we get ready for a night out.

10. Re: The Hilton Sharks Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh