We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two daft questions....possibly

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
two daft questions....possibly

1. We are looking for some easter sin but have overlooked Sharm in the past due to rumours of dreaded upset tums yet none of the hotel reviews seem to mention a issue. Is this an outdated rumour?

2. Given todays bus attack is it safe to travel?

3. Where best for a couple after romance and good food and drink? White sand on door step would be good. Happy to stay on site if enough to do :-)

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: two daft questions....possibly

Hi I am going to disagree with you all here. I arrived back from The Holiday Village on the 20th Jan and fell ill less than 24 hours of arriving home. I had purchased Antinal from the pharmacy whilst there so luckily had it in my suitcase. It cleared the worst of it in about 4 days but I was still poorly for another week and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Its very easy for people to say wash hands, sanitise, its heat stroke ect ect. I couldnt have been more careful even down to sanitising the surfaces, door handles ect with milton wipes every day in our room. I didnt use the swimming pools, I dont drink alcohol, didnt have ice and had my own bottle of sanitiser with me at all times and used it as well as the restaurant ones. My husband was fine and he drank alcohol and ate much more of the food than me. Personally I think its down to luck so my advice is go and enjoy, be careful , and hopefully you will be ok. I really enjoyed my weeks stay but I wouldnt go back again because I fell ill. (my review is on here.... last looked about page 17).

We go abroad 3-4 times a year and this is the only place Ive ever been ill.

As for the safety aspect to be honest we felt as safe in Sharm as anywhere. We went to Soho Sq one night and there were checkpoints along the way with armed police stopping the traffic and asking for ID from the Egyptians. Our Taxi was stopped both ways but it was the taxi driver not us they were checking. He said it was because the voting had taken place that day!.

Anyway sorry to ramble but just thought Id give you a view from someone who actually has been ill!

warrington
Level Contributor
522 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: two daft questions....possibly

Ive been to Sharm 12 times and was only ill on visit 11. I have been twice at the height of the troubles and felt safe but this is something only you can decide. Going back 22 March as long as FO allow.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: two daft questions....possibly

Worst tummy trouble I had was in Republic of Ireland! This was through eating onions in a very popular, busy restaurant in Killarney, Co Kerry.

Not had any trouble on our trips to Sharm (as of yet), but like many have said we are careful with hygiene etc..

Keep checking with FCO. We've always felt safe in Sharm.

Snowglobe, have a look at Reef Oasis Blue Bay, Baron Palms and Sensatori, you may get a good price booking last minute!

14. Re: two daft questions....possibly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh