We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended restaurants in Soho square?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
recommended restaurants in Soho square?

We are staying at the Stella Di Mare early September for 10 nights and have booked on a b&b basis.

If we wanted to go out to eat its likely to be Soho due to the apparent lack of hassle. Does anyone have any recommendations? We eat pretty much anything!

Also how much would a taxi cost from SDM?

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

Hi,

You need to aim for 35LE (or close to!) each way.

…photobucket.com/user/…

In the pics above, you'll see 3 or 4 restaurants, all in a row, including "Zen" & an Indian. People seem to report good things about them.

regards

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

Hi

Eaten numerous times at both the bombay tandoori and zen Cantonese and once at fushion 21 which is described as Mediterranean cuisine. All three are good but think bombay is my favourite x

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

Hi,use the Stella's own taxi service and book a return trip,it's cheaper to Soho square that way.We booked the Stella on a b+b basis for the same reason,we wanted variation and eat out and about,but we ended up eating at the Stella almost every night as the food there is superb.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

There are also nice places to eat on the beachfront in naama bay that are hassle free

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

See my reviews on the Indian and Chinese. The Indian was by far the better , the service at the Chinese left a lot to be desired, even though they are basically in the same room!

I don't know the price the hotel taxis will charge but it is far better to book a return trip, as prices back from Soho Square will be extortionate, the Bedouin taxi drivers have the monopoly there. I think you would have to haggle hard to get 35LEs each way!

Regards

barbarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

I agree re: taxis; it's not the fare there, it's the getting back!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

Thanks very much for all of the information and suggestions.

Mark - the menus look fantastic for the SDM, I think if we were doing a week we would probably just eat there but thought it would be nice to have some 'reserves' if we do feel like heading out!

Bombay looks good, we both love Indian so that would definitely be a good option. I had wondered if the hotel would offer a car service so that's really handy to know.

Pizbuin - are there any you would recommend? I like the look and sound of the Camel roof bar and their restaurants, is it easy to be dropped off outside?

Sorry, I know some people find the bartering and invites into shops part of the experience in Egypt but we had some really aggressive and nasty experiences in Dahab a few years back so are desperate to avoid it!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

Hi,

The Camel Bar is in a pedestrianised part of Naama. There's an Indian there & at Sultan Gardens in Sharks Bay; they accept outside bookings for it as well as their Italian.

Dananeer Steak House, on the same side if His Majesty, the King of Bahrain St, Naama, is popular; we always go.

we aldo like "La Fleur", at the Maritim Jolie Ville, Naama; it's expensive by Sharm standards.

Recommended Bars & Restaurants are under Top Q, over on the right, in blue as well as under the Tips thread, at the top of the forum listings.

9. Re: recommended restaurants in Soho square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh