We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer

Can anyone tell me how much a taxi transfer from sharm el sheik airport to Radisson Blu hotel will cost and also what the best currency is to take?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer

Hi,

Taxi prices are covered in the Top Q, on the right if the page as well as under the Tips thread, above all other threads.

You'll struggle to get the correct fixed price at the airport so need to haggle very hard ( do you really want to bother after a long flight?) Or walk down the road & haggle there (again, can you be bothered?) Or ask your hotel what they will charge. They'll charge a bit more or may even offer a free pick-up (some do).

Currency is also covered in the previously mentionef links as are more choices for airport transfers. In short, change money to local currency when there as you'll get a better rate by about 10%.

Regards

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer

we have booked ours and it was £8 for a private transfer although we are in sharks bay, purely as I didnt want hassle of bartering etc when we arrived. we used Sharm club. if u go onto website you can book on there and they send confirmation e mail xx

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer

I have booked with Sharm Club for our first ever trip to Sharm in March, £8 single, which I think is very reasonable, the only thing that annoys me, on the invoice it states that if you are over an hour late they charge an extra £10. We have been going to Luxor regularly and sometimes are late arriving, sometimes because my wife is in a wheelchair we are last out. Our company in Luxor would never think about charging us more and considering the extra is more than the original fare I think that is excessive.

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer

Hi Sharm club charge £10 if you are an hour late after your flight lands.

They do monitor the flights times but recommend if your flight is late taking off in the UK to email or text them in case they aren't aware of the delay flight, you could email them first concerning the wheel chair issue and I'm sure they'll understand..

Edited: 10:04 am, January 16, 2014
Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer

We paid £16.00 to Falcon Hills which was for 2 of us, private return trip.

On time with no issues at all I would recommend Sharm Club also..

Bridge

6. Re: Airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 18, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh