We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm trips

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm trips

Hi.

My best mate and I are going to be at the Aqua Blu Sharm at the end of Feb.

Just wondered if anyone could advise on any good places/sites and prices for the following trips:

Quad biking (preferably just the two of us with a guide)

Diving (both beginners, so nothing too challenging, but able to get straight into the water!)

Trip to Petra, Jordan. (Preferably by boat, but recommendations are welcome!).

Thank you,

Al

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm trips

Hi

You will get loads of recommendations on here but I always use sinai safari adventures, prices on website

Sinaisafariadventures.com

Always haggle if you are booking a few trips, they do private quads and try drive trips

Karen

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm trips

hi googees.,

always used falcon adventures for excursions. they have English manager kirsty. excellent service with excellent price.www.falconadventures.com

also travelling to aqua blu end of feb. see you in the bar lol

cookie

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm trips

There are a number of diving schools in Sharm- Colona Divers( which we use), Elite, Emperor and others. I think Elite are nearest to Aqua Blu. Check out their websites for info and prices.

If you are quad biking make sure your travel insurance covers it as many don't.

If you read the Top Questions on the right of the forum and the Tips and General Advice post at the top of the forum, there is an article about all the different trips available.

Ulm, Germany
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm trips

Hi

We always use Jasmine Tours excellent service every time, there prices are on the website. last year I did a trial dive with them from the beach at Sharks bay what an experience. This year when I return I am going to do the open water course. Alex and his team provide excellent service, lots of companies provide great services you just have to find a company that suits you.

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm trips

Does anyone know please how trips booked once in Sharm compare price and ease of booking wise compared to internet booking prior to going? We are looking at a glass bottomed boat and camel ride trip.

Many thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm trips

Hi,

Very easy to shop around, haggle, see who you like when dealing face to face & then book. We never, ever pre-book, in any destination. They're often cheaper whrn dealing face to face.

Regards

Edited: 2:48 pm, January 15, 2014
P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
655 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm trips

You can easily book in resort and haggle a good price in fact the local tour operaters will pester you almost into submission.

For instance we paid £5 per person for glass bottom in Naama bay the last few visits, Camel rides on the beach can be had for a few quid if that's your thing.

Edited: 3:01 pm, January 15, 2014
P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
655 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharm trips

Sorry should have said glass bottomed 'boat' in above post :-)

9. Re: Sharm trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh