We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Passport expires month we travel!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP! Passport expires month we travel!!

Ok I'm now officially in panic mood and very stressed. I'm completing the API on Easyjet today and asked my partner to do his and when his passport expires only to be told the end of December 2013. We fly to Sharm 14-22 and I fear he will be turned away at the airport or if we manage to get through then the way home. I'm so angry at him as I've warned him about passport expiry and he tends to keep it hidden from me for reasons unknown. Push comes to shove I will leave him at the airport and go on the holiday, cruel, maybe but he was warned.

So my question is what do we do? I think it's too late to get a new passport?

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: HELP! Passport expires month we travel!!

Glad you are enjoying yourself and that everything has turned out ok. Sharm is addictive, once been you will want to return.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,654 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: HELP! Passport expires month we travel!!

Hi Serene Rose

I think that if my dearly beloved had pulled a stunt like that on me I'd have had his guts for garters. Not the least bit funny. What's this with the secrecy about the passport anyway? I think I'd be inclined to be asking some very pointed questions. Has he been nicking off overseas when you thought he was on a business trip or some such? UUUUUM!

About my DB, the week before we were to leave on a long overseas trip, himself decided to do the laundry. Tossed his trousers into the machine with the passport in the pocket. Blind panic ensued and he only managed to get the new one late on Friday afternoon before we were to fly out early on the Saturday morning. I then had to go into all the airline sites and change his passport details, which as you all know, is never easy or quick.

Edited: 4:48 am, December 22, 2013
23. Re: HELP! Passport expires month we travel!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh