We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

Hi guys

Just wondering what immunizations are required for traveling to Sharm El Sheikh?

Thanks.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

If you read the Top Questions on the right of the forum and the Tips and General Advice post at the top of the Sharm forum there is an article on vaccinations with all the info you will need.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

There are no compulsory jabs required for Sharm. I've been diving there for the last 10 years and haven't had any jabs.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

That doesn't mean everyone else will be fine. Travel insurance may be invalidated if you develop something for which there is a recommended jab. There's a lady who posts on here, who lived in Sharm & contracted typhoid TWICE. Another poster got it in Taba in 2009. The jabs are free in most of the UK; why take the risk?

Annoyingly there is still a national shortage of typhoid vaccine but oral pills are available & some private travel clinics have the injections.

Typhoid, Hep A, diptheria, polio & tetanus have been recommended for at least 25 yrs, when we 1st started going to Egypt.

Typhoid has occurred in Italy, Greece & Spain (a poster on here spent 2m in isolation with it in a Spanish hospital.....nice)

Take advice from your gp but hurry; some vaccines are two-parters with a gap between.

Hep A lasts 25yrs, tetanus, dip & polio 10yrs & typhoid 3yrs but only 1yr for the orsl form.

Regards

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
176 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

Agree with above I had typhoid injection and hep from my gp and didn't charge me for either of those

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

Jabs may not be essential but are recommended and are usually free so why not have them? Good point re the insurance - better to be safe than sorry.

I have always had them and was glad I did as there was an outbreak of typhoid when I was in Morocco some years ago.

6. Re: Traveling during Xmas do I need any jabs from the docs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh